Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thoughtful Koala

Hello! Today I played along with the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS. I was so pleased to see that Vera is being featured this week, so I had to play along. I chose this card for my inspiration. Participants are to change at least two things. I changed...

Different stamps
Changed theme
Added background images
Different colors on layers

I am also entering this card in the Moxie Fab Olympic challenge to make a Thinking of You card.

Sorry, I didn't get any step by step photos. The problem was that my camera was in a different room at the time and I just couldn't bring myself to get up and go get it. Yep, I'm that lazy.

To make the background, I first sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink along the top. Next I sponged, in the following order, Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Tangelo, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves, Soft Sky and Danube Blue (all Memento).

All the images are from Hang In There (except the sentiment which is from Life is Good). The branches were stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves and the grasses were stamped with Memento London Fog. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Ocean Mist. The cardbase is Green Apple.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

8 comments:

NikkiM said...

You do some seriously awesome backgrounds!! MAN! You truly inspire me ... i nominate you the background goddess!!

NikkiM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Banu said...

WOW!! I love this card. Infact, I got this stamp set coz I was so inspired by all your projects. I somehow have not inked it up yet..:) Gotta get going on that.

PinksyDoodles said...

This is gorgeous. I love the stunning backgrounds you create with ink. I am trying the technique myself but failing!
Have a great week.
Clare x

Maria L (Canada) said...

I love the background!!
a question Theresa, Have you alwayes been this good making cards? and creating these amazing backrounds?
I would like to know If I have hope :-)of getting somewhat close to what you do.

Lori said...

Beautiful bg! You rock!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Theresa! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Vera said...

Thanks so much for making my day as Featured Stamper extra special with your CASE, Theresa! Your card is stunning (as always); I just LOVE your sponged backgrounds!