Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank You - Part 3

Hiya! Today I have another thank you card for one of our StampTV retiring challenge hostesses. This is for Jennie Harper, who made wonderful sketches for the sketch challenge each week. I used a sketch from one of Jennie's past challenges.

Jennie is so warm and friendly to everyone, I wanted to make her a card that is both warm and bright. I used the butterflies from Dream Birds, because these whimsical butterflies just seem so friendly, like Jennie.

Sorry, once again, I didn't get any step by step photos. I stamped the butterflies multiple times and colored each one differently, using Copic markers. Then I cut them out. They were adhered by gluing done the body and popping up the wings with Micro Pop Dots.

I sponged the top panel and layered it with Black Onyx. The longer panel is Pure Luxury Innocent Pink, stamped with the branch from Hang In There. Additional layers are Black Onyx and Creamy Caramel (SU). The cardbase is Pure Luxury Sweet Corn.



I also want to thank my super talented friends,  Selma Stevenson and Karen Knegten for a sweet blogging award. Thanks for thinking of me! These two ladies make amazing cards!

I'm so glad for your visit. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh wow....this is beautiful! Got a chance to go to blog hop a bit and stunned to see you made one for me. This is so pretty and love the colors and design. Thank you for the kind words as well, but honestly I am so thankful for my stamping friends and you have been such a blessing to me in helping me get my cards into sketches. Thanks so much!!! Looking forward to seeing what you have created for the release...have a great day!

Lori said...

Fun! It really does "look" like Jennie, she has been so sweet to me. I haven't met anyone involved with StampTv who isn't. :)

JaniceAileen said...

Great card, Theresa! Of course, I read you post and find out that two others also gave you the Sunshine award! Well, you totally deserve it--you are super talented and your creations are so very inspiring!

I noted you here on my blog:
http://janiceaileen.blogspot.com/2010/03/cogsmo-card-holders-and-passing-some.html

Melanie said...

that is SO cute with the butterflies, great design and layout!

kc_froglady said...

gorgeous card! I love the colors you choose so bright and cheery!

Mickie said...

A very neat card, fun and colorful. Spring has arrived!

thank you kid said...

those cards look like you can just touch them like their 3d. I also think that their so pretty because of all the colors.