Monday, March 29, 2010

Treasured Tulips

Happy Monday! Here is another card you may have seen if you attended the last Gina K release party. I used Melanie's new A Beautiful Life stamp set and added lavender from Sending Sunshine and a sentiment from Sweetest Memories.

I stamped the large framed image from A Beautiful Life, then colored with Copics, starting with Y17.

Added Y21.

Filled in with Y000.

Added YR04 to the base of the flowers for a little more depth.

For the foliage, I started with YG95.

Filled in with YG93.

Then I cut out masks for the tulips and stamped the lavender from Sending Sunshine. To ink up the lavender, I used my Memento Markers, Grape Jelly and Bamboo Leaves. I re-inked and stamped the lavender a few times on each corner.

For the larger background, I filled in the entire area with Copic Boo. Then I sponged a little Memento Summer Sky along the edges, masking the small border with Post-it Notes.

Then for the oval background, I stamped the frame image on copy paper and then cut out the center oval, going around the tulips. I used that as a mask, and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a Sweet Corn cardbase.

To finish it off, I added a few self adhesive pearls to the corners.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

You baffle my mind, you are toooo clever. The detail you put into each card is amazing!

Becky said...

This is so pretty. You always come up with fabulous ideas. :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa- this is gorgeous, as always. I giggled though as I read your description- wondering what Copic Boo was- LOL

Lori said...

Love how you added the lavender!

Silke Ledlow said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING CARD!!! You are always blowing me away Theresa!!! Your coloring is over the top fab!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty Benton said...

I love the "marriage" of these two stamp sets. Your lavender along with the tulips is gorgeous!

Betty Benton said...

I love the "marriage" of these two stamp sets. Your lavender along with the tulips is gorgeous!

Tangii Crain said...

Just gorgeous! The lavendar is the perfect touch, both the color and the flowers! I love all of the attention to detail!!!

Beverley said...

absolutely beautiful...colouring is fantastic...thanks for sharing.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley