Wednesday, March 31, 2010

InThe Garden

Hello! I have another scene card today. This time I used the bench and birdbath, combined with the tree, from Sending Sunshine.

First I stamped the bench and bird bath, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped the birdbath a second time on scratch paper and cut it out for a mask.

I placed the mask on the first birdbath, using re-positionable tape, and then stamped the tree.

I removed the mask and colored with Copic markers, starting with E53 on the tree trunk
.

Added E55.

Added E59.

Used E57 to blend the E59.

Colored the leaves with YG07.

Colored around the leaves with YG03.

Used V06 to outline the flower clusters.

Blended in with V01.

For the birdbath, I started with N5.

Added N3.

Filled in with N1.

Used B00 on the bird and water.

Added some shading to the bird with B26.

Filled in the bench with E31.

Added some shading with E35.

I used torn Post-it Notes to mask the bottom of the paper and sponged Memento New Sprout ink.

Then I sponged Memento Summer Sky. I also added some shadows under the bench and birdbath, using a light grey Copic marker (sorry, I don't remember which one).

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a Lovely Lavender cardbase. Those pretty green brads are from the new Spring Mix StampTV Kit this month.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome T! Fantastic shadows on this too!

Lori said...

W-O-W !!! This is stunning, Theresa! I even noticed the shadows, looks like it took you quite a while to make this.

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Beautiful! Just gorgeous and so peaceful!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Theresa...I love this! cannot wait to get this set....beautiful scene...

renee said...

Wowzers!!! Just beautiful!! Have a happy Easter!! Blessings, Renee

Marleygo said...

This is truly beautiful! I have not used Copics, so I have a question. When sponging in the "grass", I noticed that the birdbath, tree and bench also had that sponged color. What did you use to bring the copic colors back? In other words, what did you use to take off the "grass" sponging on them? Thanks!