Tuesday, March 16, 2010

GKD Previews Day 3 - Spring Mix and Friends

Hello stampers! It's day three of the previews for the new Gina K Designs release. I'm always so happy on months that Gina releases a new StampTV Kit. I just love them and this is my favorite so far. It comes with a GIANT stamp set full of fabulous spring images, great colors and a bunch of wide ribbons and more!

The new StampTV Kit is called Spring Mix and the other set we are previewing today is the new Free With Three set, called Friends. Friends is a great sentiment set that has great sayings and greetings to go inside or outside of cards. I used images from both sets on my project today.

For even more inspiration with the new Spring Mix StampTV kit and the new Free with Three stamp set:



Then, visit these Designer's blogs:
Jessica Fick





Jennie Harper - our Guest Designer for this Month!



Tune into StampTV for this week's video from GinaK featuring the new Spring Mix StampTV kit!

Mark your calendars for the Release Party this Thursday, March 18th starting at 7pm and ends at 10pm (all times CST) when all the new products will be available for purchase in Gina's online store.


To keep informed of all the party plans and activities, check out this link:




To make my card, I stamped the silhouette flower (from Spring Mix STVKit) with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.

Then I sponged Memento Angel Pink ink around the images to make a soft background.

After sponging, I stamped the butterfly with Angel Pink and the sentiment (also from the kit) with Memento Rose Bud. I layered with Pure Luxury Passionate Pink and used the new Bubblegum Pink for the cardbase. The white ribbon is also from the new kit. The rick rack is from my stash.

I made the bookmark pretty much the same way as the card. After layering, I used an eyelet from the new StampTV Kit, to place the ribbon through, and I just have to show you the back of the eyelet after setting it. I guess I've never used high quality eyelets before, because I was so impressed with the way it splayed out perfectly into a star pattern. All my old eyelets look all mangled and sharp, so I hardly ever use them unless they will be covered up. I was just tickled to see how nice these eyelets from Gina look.

The sentiment on the bookmark is from the new Free With Three set, called Friends. On the bookmark, instead of stamping the butterflies with pink, I stamped with Versa Mark and heat embossed with clear.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

31 comments:

Maria said...

So beautiful and elegant! Love the color

Carolyn King said...

what a stunning set!!!!!

joy said...

The white embossing is so elegant!

JaniceAileen said...

Beautiful as always!

jjcreations said...

So subtle and so beautiful.

Betty Neville said...

Lovely, lovely card Theresa!

Deanna said...

I love these. Great job with such wonderful images!

Lee said...

Oh that is absolutely PINK HEAVEN Theresa!!!!!! I still have to try the eyelets! I'm so happy to hear they work slick!!

PinksyDoodles said...

These are so beautiful! I love the sentiment on the gorgeous bookmark.
Clare x

NinaB said...

Gorgeous, as usual, Theresa. You do background sponging like nobody's business. Your results are always amazing.

Nancy Jensen said...

Theresa, I just LOVE your card and bookmark! You do the best sponging I've ever seen. I was just telling my son yesterday about how I sure wished you lived next door so I could have you teach me.... every day. haha! Thank you for sharing.

Beth S said...

Beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial.

Sharri said...

Theresa, Gorgeous card as always and I love the bookmark! Can wait to try the eyelets.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card and bookmark, Theresa! I love the soft colors and eyelets!

Becky said...

Beautiful card and book marker. Love these soft colors.

slbt17 said...

very nice!
Sandra

Maria L. (Canada) said...

as always ... BEAUTIFUL!!!
I visit your page every single day and I'm always anxious to see your next card and you always get a woow out of me

Denise said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!! Love this technique, thatnks for sharing.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Donna Baker said...

Wow-gorgeous!!

JKB said...

Simply lovely and elegant!!

Lori said...

Amazingly gorgeous! Love the clear embossing and the pink theme!

Jennie said...

Stunning card and bookmark Theresa, your embossing and sponging just rocks this set :O)

Unknown said...

Oh how pretty, Theresa! Love the shades of pink you have on your card!!

Janice M said...

Absolutely Beautiful Theresa!!

margie said...

Absolutely georgous card....I "love it"

Miesje said...

Incredible! You are so talented and wonderful to share that with the rest of us.

Tina said...

OMGosh!!! These are FABULOUS!!! I LOVE the pinks and the clear embossing!! Beautiful job!

Betty Benton said...

Theresa, this card is all shades of lovely!!

Vonnie said...

Oh I love this card!!!!
Yvonne

Charlene said...

What a pretty card. It is so soft lookinh.

Hazel B said...

just lovely Theresa.. love the eylets!