Wednesday, March 17, 2010

GKD Previews Day 4 - Nana's Needlework and Spring Has Sprung

Hello stampers! First up today is a brand new set from Nina Brackett, called Nana's Needlework. You are going to love the beautiful sewing/quilting themed images in this set!

I used the quilt and shelf and colored them with Copics before cutting them out. I also stamped the stitching on the side and added some popped up flowers, also colored with Copics.

On the inside of the card, I added this beautiful button image, also from Nana's Needlework. The stitched sentiment is from a fabulous accessory set that Nina designed to go along with Nana's Needlework.

Next up is a super fun and cute new set from Rupa Shevde, called Spring Has Sprung. I love each and every one of the adorable images in this set.

For even more inspiration with tonight's new stamp sets:



and

Nina Brackett {Illustrator of Nana's Needlework & Sentiments}


Then, visit these Designer's blogs:
Jessica Fick









Jennie Harper - our Guest Designer for this Month!


The Release Party is tomorrow night Thursday, March 18th starting at 7pm and ending at 10pm (all times CST) when all the new products will be available for purchase in Gina's online store.

To keep informed of all the party plans and activities, check out this link:





To make my Spring Has Sprung card, I started by stamping the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored with Copics, starting with Y17 on the duck.

Added Y21.

Then filled in with Y000.

I used E53 on the bill and feet.

To color the snail, I used V000 all over and V06 for the shading. I added some purple dots with my Memento Grape Jelly marker. On the body, I used YR000.

To color the rocks, I started with N5.

Added N3.

Filled in with N1 and used my blender pen to push some highlights back in.

Used G03 for the grass and some E53 for the ground.

I stamped the image again on scratch paper and cut it out to use it as a mask. I used re-positionable tape to hold it in place and used my Copic Airbrush, with B00, to spray in the background.

After removing the mask, I added a bit more ground shading with E35. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx, Lovely Lavender and used an Ocean Mist cardbase. The gingham ribbon is from the GKD Spring Ribbon Assortment and the two yellow brads are from the new StampTV kit.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you at the release party. Have a great day!

21 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, fabulous cards! Love that quilt and that duck is way too cute!! Fabulous job!

Carolyn King said...

ohhh...love your coloring on the shelf and quilt. a stunning card inside and out. That duckie card is precious!

Bev Gerard said...

Theresa, that shelf looks just like fine oak! Perfect! Such a sweet little scene for the duck!

~Bev

Tina said...

OMGosh... these are sooooooooo pretty and I love the coloring. YAY you used your airbrush system!!! FUN FUN!!!

Donna Baker said...

Wow your quilt/rack looks so real and you are rockin' the airbrush! Cute card

Vonnie said...

Oh how cute! Love these new sets that I have been seeing!

Lynn Mercurio said...

You have such a knack of bringing stamped images to life with your coloring and all the dimension. You're truly an amazing artist!

NinaB said...

Wow, Theresa, I love how you did that quilt card. The border and layered shelf - all amazing. And your ducky card is perfectly colored, as always.

Carla S. said...

Your cards are amazing, Theresa! Love the quilt card with the flower border and that little duck is too cute! Thanks, as always, for the coloring tutorial!

Cat Tidwell said...

So very awesome T! LOVE the coloring on that shelf and quilt!

TR said...

All of these cards are lovely!
I specially love the quilt.
Very nice!

TR

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love the rich colours in the quilt card and thanks for the colouring tutorial on the fun and sweet duck card! Great new sets!

Ree Donnelly said...

Lovin' that quilt card! Beautiful coloring on it!
Also, thanks for the tutorial...

Jennie said...

Beautiful designs Theresa...the coloring is so perfect and lovely layouts for each. Looking forward to the party tonight :o)

Lori said...

Wow, both cards are fantastic!

Lee said...

Ohhh that quilt is amazing!!! And the duckie scene tooo stinkin' adorable!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie said...

Love how you popped up the flowers over the loopy stitching!

TN Granny said...

Your tutorial is wonderful, I haven't bought the airbrush yet but you proved its alot easier than I thought. I love your cards they are all amazing.
God Bless,
Jeanine
www.blstamper.blogspot.net

Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore all your posting way, very interesting.
don't give up and also keep writing mainly because it just truly worth to follow it,
excited to find out more and more of your own stories, regards!

jjcreations said...

Both of these are awesome. My favorite is the card with the quilt - it's stunning.