Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rainbow Butterfly

Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I have a card I made for the Trigger Tuesday challenge at Moxie Fab. The imagery in the inspiration photo was so light and airy, I decided to go with a CAS card and keep a lot of white space. I used images from the Organize It! StampTV kit.

I used Copics to color the butterfly, starting with RV25.

Added RV23.

Added Y17.

Added Y21.

Added BG02.

Added B04.

For the background, I cut a rectangle using my Nestabilities, then sponged Memento Danube Blue, while the cardstock was still in the die. The Danube Blue is pretty intense, so I kept my sponge dauber pretty dry to keep the color light and even.

I stamped the silhouette foliage with Memento Danube Blue and layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx. The sentiment is from Spring Florals. I added some score lines on either side of the sentiment and piercing around two corners of the image panel. The butterflies were cut out and popped up using Pop Dots.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is stamptastic!

17 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card for the trigger!!

Janine said...

I am so glad I found your blog. Your cards are lovely - this one is so pretty.

A Consuming Passion said...

Another beautiful card Theresa!!!!!
Who needs dp when you sponge and colour so well.

Debbie said...

Now that is a gorgeous card. Simple and yet the colors make me smile. This is one card that would brighten up my birthday during the winter. Love the cards and inspiration that you give us.

Lori said...

An amazing CAS card! The colors blend so beautifully on the wings.

Stampin_melissa said...

Breathtaking *AGAIN* Theresa!! Love watching you create! BTW, what set is that silhouette foliage from? Thanks!

Tina said...

This is beautiful Theresa!!!

Betty Benton said...

Your CAS is fantastic! So very lovely!

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow stunning! beautiful coloring :)
Laura

Charlene said...

Stunning Theresa. Another favorite for me.

Becky said...

This is simply fabulous Theresa, I just love how you did these butterflies. When I need inspiration I just hop over here :)

Jenny said...

Stunning!!!

jjcreations said...

Stamptastic - what a wonderful word. I love this butterfly card - it's super beautiful.

cnelson said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Laurie said...

This is a great card! I love the coloring, thank you so much for the copic tutorials, they are very helpful.

Laurie said...

This is a great card! I love the coloring, thank you so much for the copic tutorials, they are very helpful.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Theresa! What a beautiful approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)