Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Soft Sunrise

Hiya! I was trying to make a quick card yesterday and this is what I came up with. I think it wound up looking a lot like one I made a few months ago. Oops!

To start, I sponged very lightly with Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Then I sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Tangelo.

Sponged Memento Soft Sky.

Sponged Memento Lulu Lavender.

Sponged Memento Grape Jelly.

I stamped both of the tree lined banks, from Life is Good, with Memento London Fog ink. Then I used Copic BV11 to color in a portion of the reflection.

Added BV13, then used BV11 to blend.

Added C3 to fill our the tree reflections.

Then I added C1 to soften the transition to the rest of the water.

Used N5 on the banks and trees.

Added N7.

I added a sentiment from Sending Sunshine and layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx. Then I added brads to the corners, and adhered it to a Lovely Lavender cardbase, using Pop Dots.

Thanks for visiting. I hope your day is great!

7 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG this is soooooo BEAUTFIUL!!! The scenery is fantastic!!! I really enjoy your step by step tutorials Theresa!!! You rock!!! Hugs ~S~

Torico said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Is this a quick card??? I can't believe that.

Becky said...

This is just gorgeous..I love these colors. Thanks so much for your tutorials. I have and still am learning so much from you :).

Sandra said...

I recently found your site and am totally amazed at the beautiful cards you create. I love the step-by-step tutorials! They are very helpful. I just might have to purchase some Copic markers now that someone has taken the time to show us how it's done. Thanks so much for that.

Lori said...

This is a stunning card! You do such a fabulous job on sunsets/rises!

JaniceAileen said...

You are an amazing artist!

Nancy Jensen said...

I love your cards - your art! I have a question but I don't know if I can explain it very well. When you do your sponging... what technique to you use? Do you "pounce"... kind of like bouncing or do you rub the ink onto the paper. If so do you rub it in a circular pattern or back and forth?

Did I make any sense at all? I just love your sponging so much and I would like to learn how to do it. (of course I could never get as good as you but I want mine to be at least likable and not look like a mess. lol)