Monday, March 15, 2010

GKD Previews Day 2 - Happy Spring and By Your Side

Hello! It's another day of exciting previews for Gina K Designs. First is a new set from Gina K, called Happy Spring. I just love the sweet garden inspired images in this set!

I colored the hat and glove images with Copic markers and then cut them out. The background was sponged with Memento Cantaloupe ink. I added a sentiment from the set and some ivory sateen flowers, embellished with self adhesive pearls. The ribbon is from the Spring Ribbon Assortment and the designer paper is by SEI. Pure Luxury colors are Green Apple, Ivory, White and Sweet Corn for the cardbase.


Next is a wonderful new set from Asela Hopkins, called By Your Side. I love Asela's elegant drawing style and these koi are my favorites from the set!

Are you ready for even more inspiration?

Then, find out more information about the new Card Kit here:
Jessica Fick

Finally, check out these Designer's blogs:
Asela Hopkins {Illustrator of By Your Side}





Jennie Harper - our Guest Designer for this Month!


StampTV is celebrating it's first birthday and the festivities are in full swing with this month's release! We'll be holding this month's Release Party on StampTV and couldn't be more excited about all that Gina has planned for everyone! The party kicks off this Thursday, March 18th starting at 7pm and ends at 10pm (all times CST) when all the new products will be available for purchase in Gina's online store.


To keep informed of all the party plans and activities, check out this link:



I started by stamping the larger koi, twice, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I used Copic markers to color, starting with YR07.

Blended out from there with Y17.

Blended out from there with Y21.

Filled in most the rest with Y000, leaving just a tiny area of the belly un-colored for my highlight.

To color the blue/violet koi, I started with B26.

Blended out with B23.

Blended out from there with B21.

Filled in most of the rest of the way with B000, leaving just a tiny bit of the belly un-colored.

Then I repeated the same process, using the colors shown above (V06, V04, V01 and V000) to create a violet over tone to the fish.

After coloring both fish, I cut them out.

For the background, I sponged Memento Pear Tart, keeping the center lighter.

Sponged Memento Bahama Blue.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.

After sponging, I stamped a foliage silhouette image (from Picture It!) with Memento London Fog, around the outside edges.

I adhered the fish to the background, using glue and Pop Dots, to give them dimension and the appearance of swimming around each other the way the koi in my pond do. You can see in the picture above, that I doubled up the Pop Dots under the heads, then used a single layer at the center of the body and adhered the tails directly to the cardstock.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx, White and used Ocean Mist for the cardbase.

Thank you so much for stopping by. More previews tomorrow! Have a stampalicous day!

18 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

Oh how beautiful! The Happy Spring hat & gloves reminds me of the Easter Sundays in my hometown church long ago! Perfectly matched and so pretty!!

~Bev

emilymomto3boys said...

Those fish are gorgeous!! Love the curled petals for your flowers!!

JaniceAileen said...

You are so talented! The cards are beautiful and that garden stamp set is calling my name!

joy said...

Love the white gloves and hat!! I agree with Bev -- it reminds me of Easter.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful! As always, thanks for the tutorial.

slbt17 said...

WOW!
Thanks for showing me how you made the beautiful fish card!
Sandra

Laurie said...

WOW,WOW,WOW That's all I can say my jaw has dropped to the floor!! Wonderful job, fabulous coloring. TFS

Melanie said...

Amazing water with that silhouette!

NinaB said...

Oh, so pretty, Theresa. They're so serene and peaceful, perfect to go with the sentiments.

Colleen said...

Theresa,
Wonderful projects, love the hat and gloves.

Cat Tidwell said...

So awesome T! I am loving how you colored the fish too!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous cards, Theresa! I love the spring feel to the first and the rich coloring and sponging on the second!

Sharri said...

Gorgeous cards as always Theresa! I just love your new set and can not wait to make some scene cards!

Jennie said...

Beautiful cards Theresa! Love the SEI paper with the garden images, so soft and feminine. Your Koi card is stunning and love all of the sponging you did, fabulous cards :o)

Becky said...

These are gorgeous. Love the fish and love how you colored them.

Kathy H said...

Awesome!

margie said...

Gloves & hat....how elegant...brings back memories. Thank You for sharing your beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness both of these cards are breath-taking, Theresa!! LOVE the colors and depth you have on each of them!!