Monday, March 8, 2010

Guest Designer - Brenda Turner

Hello! I am so happy to share with you a card made by my very own sister, and guest designer, Brenda Turner! As soon as I finished drawing the images for Hang In There, I knew I would want to get Brenda to design with it! She does such beautiful work with nature images (and LOVES frogs)!

I love Brenda's beautiful coloring! She went all out on this card and combined three of my stamp sets, Hang In There (raccoon, grass), Happy Camper (tent, picnic table) and Life is Good (trees).

I asked Brenda a few questions so you could get to know her better...

How long have you been stamping and how did you get started?
I started stamping about three years ago. Before that I had played at it a little, but after being invited to a Stampin' Up party. I was totally and completely hooked.


What are your favorite kinds of projects/techniques?
I love sponging and creating scenes.

How do you overcome loss of mojo?
I wish I could say that has never happened, but I can't. Mostly I will blurf through some of my favorite blogs and see if that works. When that doesn't help I will case one of my favorite cards that I have made in the past and see if I can make it better.

Do you enjoy challenges and, if so, what are your favorites and why?
I love doing challenges. It is rare that I make a card that doesn't at least meet one challenge. My favorite challenges are sketch challenges, I think because it tend to struggle with the layout the most. Color challenges are a close second for the same reason.


What or who inspires you in your crafting?
There is not one thing or person that inspires me. I am inspired by the many wonderful stampers that are posting their fabulous creations on StampTV. Also the outstanding Design Team including the Center Stage Alumni for StampTV.

Thank you, Brenda, for sharing your creativity! Brenda has created another wonderful Hang In There project on her blog. Let's go see...

If you haven't heard the news, StampTV has turned one year old! Check out Gina's blog for all the birthday news and fun. Plus, the snippets have started for the next Gina K Designs release!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Becky said...

I love how you put these two stamps together, so cute.

Stampin_melissa said...

Great card! I see artistic talent runs in your family!! Maybe you can adopt me and some of it will rub off?! ;-)

Selma said...

So happy to see Brenda is your GD. I love all her work. This is a beautiful card and she does so well combining sets.

Theresa I have left you something on my blog: http://selmasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

How fun to have your sister as your guest designer! Thanks for the interview! I see sponging and scenes run in the family.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

What a talented family! No wonder you get so many requests from people wanting to be adopted-LOL
Where do I sign up??

redwasher1 said...

Fantastic card Brenda!! I love how you used the different sets and your coloring is awesome!!

Deanna said...

I love her card. What a wonderful way to do a camping card. Love everything about it!

Jennie said...

This is just beautiful! What a rock star designer Brenda is!!! You all are so talented :o)