Monday, March 1, 2010

Life Happens

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. This is a card I shared at the Gina K release party a few weeks ago, but never got around to posting on my blog. I used my new stamp set, Hang in There.

I stamped the frog with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copics. I used YR000 on the belly and Y21 to fill in the rest of the frog.

I added YGo3 over the Y21, but leaving just a bit showing. Then I added YG95.

Used YR12 and R24 on the red stripe.

For the branch and leaves, I started with YG09.

Added YG05.

Filled in with YG03.

Then I added more YG09 to deepen the shadows and used my blender pen to push in some highlights.

For the background, I cut an oval using my Nestabilities, then sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Tangelo.

Sponged Memento Lady Bug.

Stamped the cattails, from Life is Good, with Memento Bamboo Leaves. Then I stamped the grass from, Hang in There, with Memento Bamboo Leaves, but stamped off on scratch paper first.

On the inside, I stamped more grass and added some sentiments.

The large background panel is Pure Luxury Sweet Corn, sponged with Memento Tangelo and embossed with my Forest Branches CB folder. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used Lipstick Red for the cardbase.

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!

8 comments:

jjcreations said...

Great card - she's such an encouraging looking frog - perfect for the sentiment you've added. I love that "grass" in the background too. Awesome!

Nana Griffin said...

Another great card!

Charlene said...

Great card Theresa. Love the colors that you used.

Melanie said...

perfect with the cat tail background, awesome!

dee marie said...

Hi Theresa! I hope all is well with you :) Another awesome card using your froggy - I agree with Mel, the cattail background looks awesome! Have a good night!

Lia said...

really nice colors

Lia

Kimmiek said...

Nice nice nice!1 Really lovely. Interesting to see how the frog ended up so beautifully colored! What a process.I think you are fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Theresa,
Thanks for the wonderful tutorials. I was finally able to try your background sponging technique today, and it came out pretty good for my first try. I'll keep practicing. Once again, thank you.