Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thank You - Part 2

Here is another thank you card for one of the retiring StampTV Challenge Hostesses, Shannon Bracken. Shannon was our color challenge hostess and did such a beautiful job choosing colors and making gorgeous samples!

I love making monochromatic cards, so I decided to make Shannon a card playing along with her monochromatic color challenge from a few months ago.

I started by sponging my background. I first sponged Memento Summer Sky, leaving the center lighter.

Sponged Memento Danube Blue, working in from the edges and not going quite as far as the previous color.

Sponged Memento Paris Dusk, just around the edges.

Stamped the dandelions from Many Wishes (Gina K), using Memento Tuxedo Black.

I used the grass stamp from Hang In There, and stamped with Memento Summer Sky and London Fog. I also stamped the branch from that set, with London Fog (not shown).

I used Copic markers to color the butterfly/moth image from Picture It! I started with B26, near the body and along the veins.

Added B24.

Added B23.

Added B21 and used my blender pen to smooth our the highlights.

I wanted the butterfly to be a little darker, so I added BV17 to deepen the shadows.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and SU Bashful Blue (sponged with Danube Blue along the edges).

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is soooo beautiful - love these blues...I need more ink like a hole in the head, but am thinkin I will get these blues...my credit card thanks you LOL (:

jjcreations said...

Blue is my favorite colour and this card is fabulous.....like the dandelions are glowing in the sunrise! Awesome.

Debra said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for your instructions on shading. I am still a novice with a lot to learn. Great Job

Deebi27 said...

Those dandelions seem to pop up all over. simple and yet so expressive! This card could have so many different sentiments. Very, very pretty!

Shirley said...

What a beautiful card! Blue is my fav color. I can really see the versatility of this card!

sfread171@hotmail.com

Lori said...

Beautiful blue, Theresa!

Melissa said...

I love monochomatic cards and this one is a true beauty. I am adding it to my inspiration file!

Maria (Canada) said...

What a gorgeous card !!
I come everyday and everytime you post a new card you just take my breath away.... you surpass yourself everytime.
Thanks for sharing
Maria

Becky G said...

Absolutely gorgeaous, Theresa!

Betty Neville said...

Fabulous monochromatic card!

Anonymous said...

Ack....how did I miss this??? Just stunning!!!

Thank you from Jay said...

I actually tried to do this myself because the way you showed us how its done look so easy...I was wrong!!!! mine came out terrible yours is awsome so I will leave this in the hands of the really artist. Very nice work