Friday, May 9, 2008

Spring Solitude Get Well

This card was originally going to be for Beate's weekend sketch, but I modified it so much it really doesn't fit the sketch anymore. I may still try to do her sketch, but I thought I would share this in the mean time.

I used Spring Solitude stamp set and wheel from Stampin' Up and the sentiment from Simple Salutations. Paper colors are Very Vanilla, Basic Black, and So Saffron. Inks are So Saffron and Chocolate Chip.

To get the edges on the black paper, I used the corner punch without the guard to make the scalloped edge, then a 3/8 inch hole punch to make the holes at each scallop.

If I don't get back on here, I hope you all have a great weekend and a Happy Mothers Day to all you moms.

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

your card turned out great---that happens to me a lot too with sketch--they end up being spring boards for my own designs! Great colors!

Allison Rankin said...

Love how your circles and scallops mimic the image...great work!