Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Falling Leaves

I made this earlier today. I was trying to come up with a masculine card and chose to use the leaves from Artfully Asian (Stampin' Up). I stamped them on Whisper White and colored them with watercolor pencils, then heat embossed them with clear. The leaves are cut out and mounted on Certainly Celery card stock.

The background is made by stamping the leaves with Versa Mark and then heat embossing with clear. Then I did a combination of sponging and color transfer from Plexiglas. I like how the leaves and background came out, but the paper choice and layout needs a bit of help. I may try this one again sometime.


Blog Candy Alert

Michelleo at Stamps, Paper, Scissors and Donkey Smiles is having some blog candy you might want to check out.

Created by Courtney is having a big Blogaversary celebration. She is having several giveaways.

Rochelle is also having big celebration over at Impressions. Be sure to check it out.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I love it! Not sure why you're not happy with it - can't see that it needs any help!!:o) I really like your colours, and the layout - simple - should suit a man fine - haha!! Seriously, I really think it's a lovely card.

Rochelle W said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!! I love the leaves that you cut out and the background is super cool. It's perfect.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

I love this. The background is wonderful.