Monday, May 12, 2008

An Embrace Life Card


Wow, since I became a Stamping Gal, I have become familiar with so many wonderful blogs. There just isn't enough time in the day to give them the attention they deserve, but I am having a good time trying.

If you are looking for blog candy this is a good week. Hop on over to Stamping Links to Love and scroll down to the blog candy list. Click on "more" and you will find some great stuff being given away.


Here is a card I made using a stamped image from Embrace Life. I don't have this set, but I managed to stamp up some images while I was visiting my mom yesterday.

The flower is stamped on Whisper White card stock and colored using craft markers and watercolor pencils. First I colored in the entire flower with yellow marker and then went over the outer portions with pink marker. I used water color pencils to blend the colors then covered the image with VersaMark. Next I heat embossed with two coats of clear embossing powder.

I cut the image out and then attached it to a piece of So Saffron card stock that I had sponged with So Saffron and Certainly Celery ink. I also used the edges of some Colorbox petals to make grass. I got the idea of doing the grass like that from Michelle's latest tutorial,

The stem is just a narrow piece of Old Olive card stock and the leaves are made using my 1 1/2 circle punch. Just punch out a circle then slide the punched circle part way into the circle punch and punch again.

6 comments:

Monica said...

Beautiful job on this card! I love this stamp set and need to get it! Love your coloring..it's fabulous!

Joanne said...

Love your card Theresa! Thanks for the tips on the leaves and grass - I have a green colourbox petal sitting right next to me so tried it out on some scrap paper right away - works great! This flower is one of my favourite SU flowers - but I just have to admire other folks using it!

Anonymous said...

Great card, Theresa! Love how you embossed the entire flower head.
Hugs and smiles

Fiona said...

Another stunning card - your colouring is fab.

Sharon said...

What a great technique! I've never embossed over an entire image. I must try it. Did you use a Versamark pad?
Sharon

Theresa Momber said...

Hi Sharon. Actually I used a VersaMark pen because I hadn't cut the image out yet. It probably would have been easier to cut it out first and then just use the pad, but I am a backwards sort of person.