Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Card For My Dad


This is the card I made for my dad for Fathers Day. I didn't have any stamps that suited my dad so I decided to just draw something. He is an avid fisherman so I did an image search and found a fly fishing fly (is that the right term?) I liked and drew it with pencil on water color paper.

After I had it sketched in with pencil, I went in with a micro tip black pen to make some of the darkest lines. Then I used water color pencils to color it in, starting with the lightest colors first.

I sponged River Rock ink around the fly and mounted it on black, then Close to Cocoa. I also sponged around the edges of the Close to Cocoa with Chocolate Chip ink. The card base is 5 - 1/2 inches square of Blue Bayou that I also sponged using Not Quite Navy ink.

At my husbands suggestion, I didn't add any embellishment or sentiment to the front.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Card Theresa! Man-cards are SO hard to make... your copy-drawing is wonderful! I think it's great.

Annapurna said...

Wonderful drawing. Very nice and the card layers are perfect with your drawing.

Dawn said...

This is BEYOND FANTASTIC!! What do you need stamps for when you can draw this well.. WOW, this is really fantastic. This should be a stamp!! U would make a ton off it.

Joanne said...

Fantastic Theresa! Love the colours, and your ability to draw!! I agree with your husband - looks great simply mounted with no other embellishments.

Mary said...

I love this card. I love that you were able to sketch it out just by looking at a picture of it. You certainly have loys of talent.

Mary

Jami said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!! Your coloring and attention to lighting/shading is phenomenal! A true artist!!
hugs, Jami