Friday, May 30, 2008

Merci Birthday

I made this card using the Beate's Weekend Sketch at Fresh and Fun. The main image is from Merci (Stampin' Up) and the greeting is from Sincere Salutations (also Stampin' Up).


I embossed and used water color pencils for the flower and sponged around the oval with So Saffron ink. To make the green oval, I cut an oval from Certainly Celery card stock and then used my corner rounder to make the scallops. I sponged around the edges with Certainly Celery ink and mounted on a black oval.

I also used Blue Bayou and So Saffron paper, both sponged. The green grosgrain ribbon is from Joann's. The black dots were done free hand, using my black Zig marker.

Blog Candy - If you scroll down, you will see I have blog candy. All you have to do to win is leave a comment on that post and you will be entered. You can participate in the challenge to improve your odds of winning.

9 comments:

Annapurna said...

The sponging gives it a very elegant look. Love the flower image.

Antje said...

Very nice, like your embossing and water coloring.

Anonymous said...

Embossing gives it a great touch and I love the scalloped oval! Beautiful card!

Rhonda Langley said...

This is absolutely lovely!! I love the oval & the embossing & the sponging!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Your sponging makes it look wonderful! Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Lisa Nagata said...

Wonderful card.Love the colors you used.

Sarah said...

A really gorgeous card.

xx :0)

Joanne said...

I love it Theresa! Great colours, and I do like that image and the way you have coloured it. Like the little ribbon on the tag too.

Anonymous said...

sweet sweet card!!