Thursday, May 1, 2008

Background Challenge Card


Allison's challenge this week is to use a background stamp, so I came up with this card. I used the Linen stamp by Stampin' Up and inked it with VersaMark and then stamped it on Chocolate Chip paper. Then I brushed several colors of Pearl Ex pigment powder and sealed it with fixative.

I stamped over the background with VersaMark and black ink using one of the Stampin' Up Baroque Motifs stamps. I then heat embossed over that with clear embossing powder. The sentiment and flower are also from Baroque Motifs. They are stamped on Very Vanilla paper and then sponged over lightly with Chocolate Chip ink.

I got this stamp set in the mail today from Allison (a different Allison from above). I won this from her blog candy contest. Friday is the last day of the last contest, so if you hurry over, you might be able to squeak in before the deadline to win a stamp set and some other awesome goodies.

Another blog candy you might want to check out is at Mainly Flowers. Joanne is giving away some of her awesome flowers that she makes using her nestabilites.

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

What a super-duper card...so dramatic! I have never played with Pearl Ex (some days, I am such a newbie!) but this technique looks cool! Thanks for playing!

made by fifi said...

gorgeous card - love the background !