Friday, May 2, 2008

I Am Getting Organized


First, here is a card I made. I just got this set with my last order, which I spent way too much money on, but at least I qualfied for this awesome level two hostess set. The stamp set is called Spring Solitude from Stampin' Up.


I stamped the flower by inking first with VersaMark, then So Saffron. Then I stamped the image and followed by heat embossing with clear embossing powder. I also made flowers using Groovy Guava and Certainly Celery. I cut those images out and added them as embellishments.

The bird is stamped with Not Quite Navy and the branch with Chocolate Chip. The papers used were Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Groovy Guava and Chocolate Chip.


This is the project that has consumed most of my time the past few days. I made this little shelving unit to fit under the cabinets and over my craft counter. I was having trouble keeping my work surface clean and hopefully this will help.

Having my ink pads right at my fingertips is so much better. Now I have two problems. First, I have empty slots to fill and will not be happy until they are. Second, once I have them filled I am certain I will decide that is not enough ink storage. I guess when that happens, I will just have to make a new one

4 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Your card is GORGEOUS! Love the embossed flowers...so pretty! Oh my! That storage unit is fabulous!!! How handy to have it all right there at your fingertips!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering to win the blog candy. Good luck!

Joanne said...

Lovely card - and fabulous storage unit you made! I am most impressed. I agree - those ink pad slots look awfully empty . . ..!

Anonymous said...

Wow... great storage piece! I wish I knew how to do things like that!
Love the card. I have that set too and wished for more samples using it. The embossing is a great idea and color combo is great!
Thanks for sharing!
Allison

Debbie Olson said...

I love your card! Great colors and a very cool set too! Love that bird and the cut out flowers.