Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hoppy Birthday

Here is an Unfrogettable card I made yesterday. Read on for a very boring description of how I made it. This is the first card I have tried to get published, so I just pasted in the description that I sent with the card.

Look, I even made a water mark for this card. I didn't realize that the font I used had hearts in it. I liked the swirliness (new word) of the font, but would have bypassed it, had I noticed the hearts. I expect to be mocked by my sister when she sees it.

Have a super dandy day.

Boring description starts here...

The frog, mushroom, dragonfly and snail are all stamped with black Stazon on Whisper White and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. They are then colored using watercolor pencils. Then I used my VersaMark pen and went over the entire image, then heat embossed with clear. I find this makes the colors more vibrant. Next I cut all the images out closely.

The scene is created by first stamping the mushroom with back Stazon and heat embossing with clear. Then I colored the background with watercolor pencils. I used the CM cutting system to cut out the oval and added a larger oval of Certainly Celery behind it. For the Certainly Celery layer, I first cut the oval, then used my corner rounder with the guard removed to make the scallop. Next I sponged the edges with Certainly Celery ink and added dots with my black Zig writer. Then I added a black oval behind the Certainly Celery.


Then next layer is So Saffron that was sponged with So Saffron ink. I added black dots around this layer also. NextI added my creatures using pop dots. I added a black layer behind the So Saffron and added brads next.

The greeting is stamped with black Stazon and heat embossed with clear on Whisper White card stock. I sponged the edges of that with Certainly Celery ink, punched it with a 1 3/8 inch circle punch and backed it with a black circle cut to 1 1/2 inch. Behind that was So Saffron layer that was sponged with So Saffron ink and also given the black dots. The card base is Old Olive also with black dots.

4 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

wow- great colors, cutting, layering. Simply fabulous!

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful. You put a lot of workinto making it. I hope that it was accepted for publication! Thank you for sharing how you made your card. By the way, your description was not boring at all. :)

Mary

Monica said...

OMG I love it!! Great job and your directions were not boring!

Rhonda Langley said...

The colors in this card are so rich! I love the clear embossing and the sponging. Thanks for sharing!