Monday, June 16, 2008

Guitar Card

My daughter turns sixteen today! It is so hard to believe that sixteen years have passed so quickly. She loves to play the guitar and has an acoustic and electric that she plays. I made this card for her. Hopefully she will like it.

The card is a case from this one I found on Split Coast Stampers. As soon as I saw it, I knew I would have to case it for my daughter. I made some changes so it would more closely resemble my daughter's guitar.

The card base is Basic Black and the guitar is More Mustard. I just freehand drew the basic shape and then cut it out by hand. To get some texture on the paper, I did some sponging and water coloring, with some heavy sponging around the edge with Chocolate Chip ink.

I was out of black brads, so I used black Stazon to make some. The strings are just doubled over black thread.

I hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

Annapurna said...

Very cool. I know what I am CASEing for my next BIL's birthday.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Really nice! And Happy sweet Sixteen to your daughter! I love the guitar... going to have to case myself...
Allison

Rhonda Langley said...

WOW! Looks like a painting! Very nice!

Jacki Marie said...

awesome card!