Monday, January 31, 2011

Treasured Cameo

Hello, stampers! It's Monday, so time for a new sketch challenge at StampTV. I'm also playing along with the Moxie Fab challenge to use a cameo on a project, along with the Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS. This week Sue Walsh (aka Tillymint) is the featured stamper! I used this card by Sue for my inspiration. Participants were to change at least two things.

I changed...
Different colors
Different sketch

I kept...
Same focal image (the cameo is from Timeless Treasures from Gina K Designs)
Used pattern paper

Here is the sketch for the challenge at StampTV this week. As you can see, I rotated the sketch and used a flower/sentiment in place of the red layer. We would love to have you play along! 

 First I stamped the cameo, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics, starting with E53.

Filled in with E00. 

Added W3 for a little extra shading. 

For the dress, I filled in with B00 and used B02 to shade.

I filled in the background with YR000. 

Added YR02. 

Then used a tiny bit of R02. 

After coloring, I cut out the center of the cameo. Next, I stamped the cameo a second time, on Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, using Versa Mark ink, and heat embossed with  Ranger Super Fine gold embossing powder.

I used my E53 copic again to add a bit of shading to the cameo. Then I cut out this cameo and adhered the colored center (previously cut out) to the center. 

Next, I cut an ivory oval, using Nestabilities and sponged with Memento Desert Sand and Angle Pink, to create a peachy color.

I wanted the edges just a bit darker, so I used the Jumbo Sponge Dauber that I use for red ink, and sponged around the edge. I didn't add any ink to the dauber, just used what was already on the sponge dauber so that the effect would be subtle. 

Here you can see the cameo after I adhered to the versions together. I layered with Pure Luxury Wine With Everything and used an Ivory card base. The pattern paper is from the Kaiser Kraft Gypsy Sisters collection. The sentiment is also from Timeless Treasures. I stamped it on vellum, using Versa Mark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. The textured layer was sponged the same way as the oval and then embossed using my Cuttlebug Perfectly Paisley embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Nana Griffin said...

This is so beautiful! I love what you did to the cameo, the embossing on it really makes it stand out. what a great idea.

Runnergirl Creations said...

Beautiful card! I also entered in the Moxie cameo challenge! :) Good luck! Thanks for sharing your lovely card! :) Blessings!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is so pretty! Love tor colors and how you colored the cameo.

Banu said...

Beautiful card. Loved it.

Maire Gamber said...

Just striking as usual Theresa!

Carla Murphy said...

Just a beauty. You sure have a way with that sponger! I love the affect you add to all your cards. Your cards a beautiful.

Kelly Massman said...

So pretty! Came over from Moxie Fab!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful Cameo card. Your coloring and shading are always impecable!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Theresa! Thanks for entering the Appearance of Cameos challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)