Monday, January 24, 2011

Rock, Paper, Piece

Happy Monday to you! There is a new sketch challenge at StampTV. I made my card to fit the sketch and a VSN challenge to use paper piecing. There is still a little time to play in the VSN mini challenges from this past weekend and the main event will be in late February.

Here is the STV sketch. We would love to have you play along! One participant will be randomly chosen to win a free stamp set from Gina K Designs.

I used the brontosaurus, from Dino-mite, and stamped him on a piece of pattern paper from Basic Grey's Bittersweet collection, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 

Even when I paper piece, I still have to color. So I added Y17 to the spots.

Used YG97 for shading on the underside.

Added YG95.

Added YG93. I also began to shade the back just a bit.

Added YG91, leaving most of the side un-colored.

Then I used my blender pen to soften the transition from the coloring to the area that wasn't colored.

Used W1 on the toes, R24 on the mouth and BG02 on the eyes.

I stamped the tree, also from Dino-mite, on a piece of Basic Grey Origins pattern paper, using Tuxedo Black ink.

Added just a bit of shading with E57 and my blender pen. After coloring, I cut out the image.

Stamped the tree again, on another piece of BG Origins.

Used YG25 to add some shading to the foliage and then cut out the foliage portion only.

For my background, I cut a rectangle of Pure Luxury White and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink in the center, and working out from there.

Then I used sticky notes to mask the top and sponged Memento Desert Sand ink.

Sponged Memento Rich Cocoa.

I adhered the tree parts to the background and used E57, W1 and W3 to add a little shading at the base of the tree.

Adhered the dino using Pop Dots and layered with Basic Grey Origins paper and Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Carla S. said...

What a great card, Theresa! Fantastic job with the paper piecing! So cute!

Renee said...

oh what a fantastic card!! I love everything about it! hugz n blessings.

Judi said...

Such a cute card.

Banu said...

WOW..This turned out just gorgeous. I need to give this a try.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Fabulous!

Luv 2 Create said...

Fabulous card Theresa, love the paper choices for all of the palm tree. Looks fabulous.
Marcie

kksb said...

Your card is terrific! The paper is wonderful and your coloring ROCKS!