Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ready, Set, Snow! Revisted

Hello! I already showed this card on my blog, during the Gina K previews last week, but I promised the step by step photos, so here they are. I used images from Ready, Set, Snow! 

I stamped the sledding penguin and colored with Copics, starting with N7. 

Added N5. 

 Added N3, filling in most of the way, then used my blender pen to soften the highlights.

For the lighter areas, I used N1 to shade and softened the transition to plain paper, using the blender pen. 

Used Y17 on the feet and beak. 

Added Y21. 

For the sled, I started with R89. 

Added R27. 

Filled in with R22. After coloring, I cut out the image. 

 I colored and cut out a second image, trimming away the sled, then layered the two images using Pop Dots.

For my background, I sponged Memento Summer Sky. 

Then sponged lightly with Memento Danube Blue just around the edges. 

I used my snowflake Cuttlebug folder to emboss and my glitter pen to highlight the snowflakes. 

I took some white rectangles and used my scissors to trim an irregular top like a snow drift and sponged lightly with Memento Summer Sky. 

 Using my Quickie Glue pen, I added iridescent glitter to the curved edge of the snowdrift. I made a second snow drift for layering and stamped the sentiment.

I folded the card base to have a fold up flap to make it a gift card holder. I trimmed it the same way as the front and added glitter. 

I layered the background with Pure Luxury Red Hot and added some button accents.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

that is such a cute way to hold the gift card in a snowbank! Hee! (get it?? bank????) ; P

Melanie said...

that is such a cute way to hold the gift card in a snowbank! Hee! (get it?? bank????) ; P

papertrails leaver said...

this is adorable! I love the penguins and that sentiment! Cool gift card holder. Thanks for sharing how to recreate this! :-) Amy

Luv 2 Create said...

Loved the tutorial. Fabulous gift card holder. So cute and very clever.
Marcie

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

That card is just tooooo cute Theresa!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Carolyn said...

I just love, love, love your tutorials. They are the best, and so helpful! Thank you!

Deebi27 said...

Loved the idea of the matching snow drift for the card to be held. Good thinker Theresa. Thanks for the continued tuts. They are always so very helpful!