Monday, January 10, 2011

Old Fossil


Hello! Today I have a card for the sketch challenge at StampTV. I used my new set, Dino-mite. If you get a change, check out the JUGS challenge this week. Gina K is sponsoring this week and it is a fun technique. I wanted to play along with this card, but I ran out of time.


Here is the sketch for this week's challenge. You can find the challenge posted here. One lucky participant will be randomly chosen to win a stamp set of their choice from Gina K Designs.

I used Copics to color the dinosaur, starting with E59.

Added E57.

Added E35.

Added E53.

I filled in with E00 and then used E49 to fill in the little dots on his back. I also used E49 on the toes, although is isn't pictured here.

For the tongue, I used R24 and used BG10 for the eyes. After coloring, I cut out the image.

To color the bone, I used W1 and W3. After coloring, I cut out the image.

For the oval background, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory, using Spellbinders Nestabilities. I used a sticky note to mask the top and sponged Memento Desert sand while still in the die.

Then I sponged Memento Rich Cocoa.

I removed the mask and sponged lightly with Memento Cantaloupe and Desert Sand at the top.

I used W1 and W3 Copics to add a shadow where I planned to place the dinosaur.

Added some grass and more shadows with YG93 and W1.

I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown, a piece of Basic Grey Origins DP and Pure Luxury Kraft, which I embossed with my Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is also from Dino-mite.

On the inside, I used a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory and stamped the volcano, using the Memento Rich Cocoa. The sentiment was stamped with Tuxedo Black. The party hat was colored with Copics and cut out.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fabulous Monday!

6 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

This tutorial is terrific Theresa! Thanks for taking the time to create it for us. Your card is fantastic too, I really like the textures and colors - so many different ones in the same family!

Patti J said...

Another fabulous tutorial, Theresa! And, girl, this set is SO much fun!!! Great stamps, and great card!

Melanie said...

this is terrific, I love these fonts!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Adorable card Theresa! I really dig the way you sponge! Thank you for your "yay" comment on Marianne's page! I'm so excited to win! :o)

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love this card! Your tutorial on coloring the dino is awesome.... I wish I had some copics to try it out, lol!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com