Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How I got started

Back in June I was thinking about how I would spend the summer and I got the idea of starting some kind of craft website or business. I normally attend college, as an art major, during the rest of the year, and I thought starting a website would be a good learning experience and a great way to fill my time.

What I didn't anticipate was how hard it would be to figure it all out. I knew I wanted to have some kind of website about crafting, but I really didn't know what to do to get started. So I searched and searched. Searching on how to create a website yielded so many results, it was nearly impossible to filter the valuable information from the hype. Searching for how to create a craft website didn't yield much at all in the way of usable information.

Eventually I was able to put together tidbits from here and there and form an overview of what I needed to do the get started. But by this time my vision had changed to creating a website to help crafters start websites. So that is how Cash Crafters came to be. I've done my best to compile as much useful information as possible for crafters looking to start their own online craft business.

I continue to research both web development in general and as it pertains to crafting specifically, and add to Cash Crafters regularly. You can help by letting me know what is missing. If you have any questions about starting an online craft business or craft site please post them here or over at Cash Crafters.

Thanks for your time,

Theresa



No comments: