Friday, January 21, 2011

Sink Your Toes

Happy Friday! Tonight is the VSN (Virtual Stamp Night) at SCS. I'm hostessing for the main even next month, but would love to have you come join us tonight for the mini. Challenges are posted every hour all evening in the VSN forums. It's great fun!

It's time for a new color challenge at StampTV and here is my sample. I used images from Aloha and made a simple scene.

The colors this week are Chocolate Brown, Turquoise Sea and White. I hope you'll play along. One person's name will be drawn, to win a free Gina K Designs stamp set. from all the participants. You don't have to use Gina K Designs stamps, although if you do, your name will be entered twice!

First, I stamped the tree, from Aloha, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I colored with Copic markers, beginning with E59 on the trunk.

Filled in with E35.

Added YG99 in the deepest part of the foliage and along the center of each frond.

Added YG95 along the lines of the fronds.

Used YG25 on the plants at the base of the tree.

I cut a mask for the palm tree and used a sticky not to mask the top, then used my Jumbo Sponge Daubers to sponge Memento Bahama Blue ink.

Then I sponged a little Memento Desert Sand in the foreground for the beach.

Stamped the sailboat using Stazon Jet Black ink.

Used W1 and W3 to add a little shading at the base of the tree.

I layered the background with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown card stock and used a Turquoise Sea card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have wonderful weekend!!

15 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Love the peaceful look to this one. Thanks Theresa!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

The view from my window is snow, snow and more snow. I wish it were warm enough to sink my toes into sand as your card suggests. It is such a calm, peaceful WARM scene. Thanks for providing the details for making this delightful beach scene.

Betty Benton said...

Loving your scene -- soooo tranquil!

Banu said...

WOW..this turned out just perfect. Amazing.

Leonie Castro said...

LOVING THE CARD THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION.

Wordbird said...

Gorgeous! Great coloring tips (as always!). Now...can you color all of us right onto this beautiful beach!? ;D

Janine said...

Yes I could go there too it is cold, grey and rainy here. Love how simple you make it look.

Marthamh2 said...

I just wanted to twll you that I look forward to each and everyone of your posts. I am just in awe at your talent. Thanks for all of the inspiration.

Judi said...

Beautiful card. You did a great job!

Elaine said...

What a lovely scene!

Anonymous said...

Very calming and makes me feel "oh so warm" compare to what I'm actually feeling in this cold, cold winter. Your colouring is superb!

Nana Griffin said...

Lovely card as usual. I just want to say that I love that you have a listing of all your tutorials seperate so I don't have to go back page by page. It sure saves alot of time to look up an older card tutorial. It use to take me forever. Thanks so much for listing them this way!

Brenda said...

Theresa this card totally rocks!!! Not that all of your cards don't, it is just that this one really speaks to me. So very cool I may be casing this one.

Angi Rankin said...

Theresa, your card is so beautiful. It really makes me think of the vacation my husband and I took to Hawaii about 15 years ago. Oh how I want to go back there! After seeing your card, this set is definitely on my "must have right now" list!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing how you made this absolutely gorgeous card and for sharing how you used the copic markers. I'm just learning on how to use copic markers and just love them There are video's on you tube but mostly are with characters Just wish there were more like yours. Thanks again Theresa