Monday, November 21, 2011

Very Blue Christmas

 
 Hello and a happy Monday to you! I have another Christmas card to share.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4 inches and used torn sticky notes to mask the bottom. Then I sponged Memento Danube Blue ink.

I added another torn sticky note and sponged some more, this time, also sponging around the edges.

Sponged a little Memento Paris Dusk at the top.

With my masks in place, I stamped the large tree, from Winter Wonderland, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped it two more times, without re-inking to make some trees appear more distant.

Next, I stamped the smaller tree, once at full strength, then a few more times without re-inking.

Removed the masks and sponged around the bottom edges with Danube Blue and Paris Dusk.

I decided I needed one more tree, so I replace the lower mask and stamped the small tree one more time.

I added the sentiment, from A Very Merry Christmas and then added the holly image, from Celebrate The Season. I inked up the image with Memento Bamboo Leaves, then wiped the berries clean with my finger. Then I used  a Memento Marker (Lady Bug Red) to ink the berries.

I stamped the holly a few more times and added some piercing. I layered with Pure Luxury In The Navy and used a Baby Boy Blue for the card base. The finished size is 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

Sonya said...

WOW---what a stunning card!

Autumn said...

This is just beautiful, thanks for the little tutorial, love it!!
xxAutumn

shatril said...

Theresa I just love love your stamps and admire your talent. TFS

Lynne

Kathi said...

This is gorgeous! And so very elegant! Thanks so much for the great tutorial! Love your work!

Colorado Crafter said...

So pretty!! I love winter cards in shades of blue. I have "invested" in all the Memento ink colors so will have to try this tutorial. Thank you so much!!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa!

Melissa said...

Pur-ti-ful card Theresa! Looks like it could be my front yard...kinda :)

Uschi said...

Fantastic winter landscape.
I am excited.
Thank you for the detailed description.

Uschi

richardbreaks said...

This is so beautiful, Theresa. I am constantly amazed....

Selma said...

Wow Theresa, this is a gorgeous winter scene. Your work is always fabulous!

Theresa said...

This card is so pretty. Thank you for sharing how you did it.

Kathi said...

What a beautiful and serene scene!

Thanks for the tutorial!

Micha said...

J'aime beaucoup ce paysage et ces tons bleus. Une carte superbe !Bravo encore. Amicalement.

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, wonderful one layer card!

Michelle Gray said...

Beautiful card. Thanks so much for showing how the foreground was accomplished with such a simple making technique. LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Theresa! This is gorgeous and love the technique and will try it soon - Christmas closer than we want it to be. I bet your wondering how I ended up here! One Pinterest lead to another that lead me here! Love you!! xoxoxox