Friday, November 11, 2011

Butterflies in Green

Happy Friday! I'm so honored to have this card featured on the CPS challenge blog today! Check out the amazing sketches they have each week. There is always so much inspiration to be found at CPS. I really love this sketch. I used images from Celebrate The Season and Hope Grows.

I stamped the butterfly with Memento Tuxedo black ink and used Copics to color, starting by filling in with YG21. 

Added YG25. 

Then added BG05. After coloring, I cut out the butterfly. I colored the second, smaller butterfly the same way.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White card stock to 3 1/2 by 2 1/4 inches and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink in one corner.

Sponged Memento New Sprout from the opposite corner.

Then deepened the color by sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.

I stamped the branch, from Hope Grows, using Memento Bamboo Leaves, but stamped off on scratch paper first, to make the the image lighter.

Since I had cut out the butterflies, leaving the antennae off, I stamped both images on my background, so there would be some antennae.

I adhered the butterflies over the stamped butterflies, using Pop Dots. I also added some shimmer to the butterflies with my Stardust Glitter pen.

I cut the two smaller rectangles to 2 1/4 by 1 3/4 inches and sponged with Memento Bamboo Leaves, Then I embossed with my Swiss Dots embossing folder. The circles were cut with Spellbinders Lacy Circles, then the centers removed by cutting with a slightly smaller Spellbinders Circle die.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!


9 comments:

Becky said...

This is stunning Theresa!

Martina said...

Absolutly gorgeous! Looks sooo beautiful!
Martina

Unknown said...

wow this is so beautiful and like very much the color thank for showing

Nan G said...

Love the colors, a very striking card!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm speechless....honestly!

Absolutely, positively GORGEOUS!!!

Sheila said...

This is absolutely amazing!

Caroline said...

agree with everyone else.. this is a stunning card!

jean w. said...

Theresa this card is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us! Love everything about it!

Rosy Newlun said...

Wow. These colors are fabulous. The blending technique...wow. Luv it.
aloha, rosy