Thursday, January 1, 2009

Peaceful Wishes and Melanie's Big Celebration!

Hello and happy Friday everyone! I made this card in honor of Melanie's Awesome Blogaversary and Illustrating for Gina k Designs Anniversary Celebration.

Melanie and her guest designers will be sharing cards and projects from all her sets released through Gina K Designs this past year and prizes will be up for grabs every day! Sponsors include, Gina K Designs, My Favorite Things, Scor-pal, Paper Temptress, and Melanie herself, who is donating, among other goodies, a brand new box of Copic Ciaos! There will be also be challenges, contests, and a Who’s Who “Where are the Now?” on several of her past contest winners and guest designers! Come join in the fun and help spread the word, see you there!

You can see more projects today using Melanie's stamps by visiting the following fabulously talented stampers... Charmaine, Donna, Jessica, Lee, Cathy (Cat), Michelle, Joanne , Tammy , Jessie Rone .

And don't forget to go to Melanie's blog to enter her blog candy drawing.

I designed this card with three challenges in mind, the WT199 challenge, at SCS, to include silver somewhere on your card (I added a silver embellishment to the upper left corner), the sketch challenge at SCS this week and Gina's New Year's Inspiration challenge.

I stamped the flowers from A Year of Flowers on GinaK Pure Luxury white card stock and colored them with Copic markers. Then I cut them out. I sponged all the layers and used the Linen background stamp from SU on the green layers. On the yellow layer, I used a stamp from Tropical Flowers (Gina K).

Thanks for looking! I'll be back tomorrow with another card using Melanie's stamps.

Have a great day!

21 comments:

Melanie said...

I love it, your daylilies rock!

Jami said...

Gorgeous!! I love the subtle stamping around the edges of the middle panel too. These Lilies are beautiful!!
Happy New Year!
hugs, Jami

Unknown said...

Another gorgeous card!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful, love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend,
Congratulations for this nice looking blog.All article is good.I like It.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful card. I love the color composition!
Hugs and I wish you a happy new year,
Anja from germany

Sharri said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous! I love the layout and the colors!
Awesome job for the challenges!

Unknown said...

Theresa, you are such a ROCK STAR!! I LOVE your card - lose lilies are gorgeous!!!!

Lorie said...

That is STUNNING! Thanks for vising my blog...good luck winning a stamp set at the new release party tonight!

Shirley said...

How absolutely beautiful! I love the colors, the out-of-the-box and paper piercing with the flowers and the layers are wonderful too!

Lindsay Spencer said...

Very beautiful card! I think I've told you this, but I love how you photograph your cards.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! I love how radiant the whole card looks!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing!

Cat Tidwell said...

Another gorgeous one Theresa! Love how you sponging makes it look like a light shining right in the middle, awesome!

Deb Wood said...

Wow, so gorgeous as always!! Awesome card!! I'm placing an award on my blog for you!!

6 wacky women said...

Sooo beautiful. Your lilies are gorgeous.
I love this card!

Karen x

Donna Baker said...

what a beauty!!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Fantastic, Theresa!

Lee said...

Wowza Girl!!! You absolutely do Melanie proud!!! Your flower cards and projects are simply TO DIE FOR!!!!

Elena said...

So beautiful! Love the colors! Flowers look like real!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

oh!! I really like this one!!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!