Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Stampin Up Ceramic Ornaments

These ornaments were made by my mom and sister. I'm afraid the pictures don't do them justice. They did them during Thanksgiving week, while I was in Las Vegas, so I didn't get to do any myself. I like them so much, I went out and bought the stuff to do my own.


They used StazOn jet black ink to stamp the images. StazOn is a solvent ink that can be used on any surfaces, so be sure to use a good stamp cleaner. I bought the StazOn All Purpose Cleaner which is I think what they used.

The ceramic ornaments were purchased at Michael's for $1 each. The surface is flat and glazed.


This one is using a one of my mom's new It's Snow Time, Stampin Up stamps. The picture at the top of the post is also from that stamp set.

You have to be careful stamping these because the surface is very slippery. Apparently they had several goof ups, but they wipe clean as long as you do it right away.

After stamping the image, wait at least 5 minute for the ink to dry completely. They use colored Sharpie markers to color in the the images. Then wait a bit longer and spray with a sealer.


They made several different ones. The ornaments were available in stars, circles, snowflakes and trees.


The back was the perfect place to use a greeting stamp.




These are cute little ornaments that you can personalize with a special message or sign and date, using the Sharpie markers. Now if I could just find the time to do my own.

2 comments:

Crafts and Gift Guru Gal said...

I love these ceramic ornaments. Going to Michaels soon, thanks for the tips.

Kids Crafts

Theresa Momber said...

I'm glad you like them. I think I am going to start working on mine this weekend with my husband and daughter, as a family project.

I like your blog, especially the centerpieces.