Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Year of Flowers Book Hop



Thank you for hopping along today with the Gina K. Design Team!! If you arrived here from Sharon Harnist's blog, then you're right where you should be. You can always go to StampTV to start from the beginning.  The inspiration for today's hop came from Melanie Muenchinger's new book called, A Year of Flowers.

While you can make every design in the book with Melanie’s all occasion “A Year of Flowers” set, today’s samples showcase her coordinating florals, which can also be used with the book's tutorials and designs, and provide endless options and more value for your money. We are excited to share cards and projects we created using some of our favorite flower sets designed by Melanie! We love her new book and know you will too - don't miss out on getting your very own copy which you can purchase HERE!

I made a gift box using Melanie's A Beautiful Life.


 
I hope you're finding some great inspiration and wonderful designs to get your creativity jump-started!  You can find the newest stamp sets and lots of wonderful accessories in Gina's Store.  And then join us on Stamp TV for the challenges and surprises and crafty videos galore!!!  Go to Tina Gilliland's blog, to continue the hop!


Leave comments along our hop today to enter to win one of Melanie's coordinating floral sets of your choice. The more comments you leave the more chances to win! Melanie will draw a name randomly from one blog and post the winner tomorrow morning.  She is also giving away her Crazy Daisy digital patterned paper FREE if you link Gina's video or her post, please see Melanie's blog for details! Good Luck!

To start my project, I stamped the large frame image, from A Beautiful Life. I knew I was going to be cutting out the flowers, so I didn't bother inking completely. I began coloring with my V06 Copic marker.

Added V04.

Then filled in with V000.

Added V09 for a little deeper shading.

For the foliage, I started with YG95.

Then filled in with YG03.

After coloring the first set of flowers, I colored the remaining flowers, then cut out all the flowers.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Lovely Lavender card stock using the largest of the Spellbinders Grand Labels 23 dies. Then I sponged around the edges with Memento Grape Jelly ink, while it was still in the die.

I placed the card stock, vertically, in my Scor-Pal, lining up the center with the 5 inch mark. Then I scored at the 4 and 6 inch marks.

I rotated the card stock horizontally and centered on the 5 inch mark. Then I scored at the 3 and 7 inch marks.

I used my scissors to cut along the score lines as shown.

Then I trimmed off the corners as shown.

I added Scor-Tape to the trimmed sections.

Folded the corner sections inside and adhered to the side flap.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White, with Petite Oval Nestabilities, and sponged Memento Grape Jelly along the edges.

I stamped a sentiment on the oval and layered with Pure Luxury Wild Lilac, cut with Petite Oval Scallop Nestabilities. I adhered the oval to the box with Pop Dots and added the flowers. I made a tag to go on the bag of treats, using the remaining flower.

Thanks for visiting. I hope your day is fabulous!



75 comments:

Lori said...

This is so neat and beautiful Theresa!! Perfect size too!! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

gorgeous project! great size for co-worker's desk (-:

Melanie said...

this scalloped box is amazing!! love this!!

Becky said...

What an awesome box you created. Love it!

Tina said...

YAYYY for purple!!! LOVE LOVE the coloring and the box!

Teri C said...

So adorable!

Carolina said...

Ahhh, such a darlin' box - beautifully designed!!!

--Marcy said...

You are always an inspiration! Beautiful idea!

Barbara Bryant said...

Theresa Im always learning from your blog and the colors are beautiful.

laurie said...

Such a beautiful idea. Love your instructions and colors. Thank you for sharing.

Anita Braddock said...

WOW What a Gorgeous gift box. Love the purple its my Favorite color. loc=ve the spellbinder die you used and that you showed us how you made this. Love the shading. thanks for sharing.
abbraddock@msn.com

alex said...

What a stunning project, love the colour scheme, love the flowers, and love the tutorial Theresa you rock!

RedGem said...

What a great project... love the tutorial for this box, will have to try it!

lakergirl said...

You know I love everything you creat but...You out did yourself on this "Floral Box" design! Just gorgeous...now you have forced me into buying this stamp set...THANKS! lol Kim

Annalize said...

There's no one I know that can shade and colour like you! You make me want all the stamps you use ;) Thank you for all the tutorials!

Sharon Roselli said...

wonderful box! love the coloring. thank you for instrustions on how to make can;t wait to try.

Caryn S said...

The gift box is darling! I am always so appreciative of your step by step tutorials!

Anonymous said...

The box is gorgeous. Coloring is
so beautiful.
Gladys R.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful basket you created. And, the instructions are super too, so now anyone else can create this magnificient way to give a gift as well. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Lee Reed said...

Such a wonderful little gift. I so appreciate your illustrated instructions. What wonderful talent you have. Thank you for sharing.

Jessica said...

Beautiful little box! Great idea thanks for the inspiration. Love the coloring too. TFS

ShariD said...

You have done it again Theresa. Never cease to amaze me with your talent.

Amanda said...

Love the tulips!!

crotnem said...

I love tulips!!! Love how you colored them. Great as always!

mermaid fenicia said...

That's a lovely flower box ^_^

Carole said...

This is so adorable and imaginative. The coloring is so soft and soothing.

Helen Dooley said...

This is really pretty. Great idea. TFS

PJ said...

Just love your box, colors, and great directions. Thank you!

Jennie said...

Eeks, LOVE your box and thanks for the tutorial...so fab!!

Joyce T. said...

love it. Now another thing to add to my "gotta have that" list :)

Olga said...

What a nice idea! Thank you for the tutorial again!

Sue D said...

Beautiful gift box--thanks for showing how you made it.

Patricia said...

OMG! This is stunning & what a lovely gift it would make for someone. I have to try this! Outstanding work!

Cheryl W. said...

What a pretty project! Just love those lavendar tulips. Thanks so much for a great tutorial. I definitely need to try this.

Anne Molberg said...

Once again, another wonderful idea!! Love the colors...

Jackie B said...

What a lovely gift box. I just love the lavender tulips. Can't wait for spring...

Bast said...

Adorable! Thanx so much for the tutorial. I really love the colors you chose! TFS

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

So creative and with such a lovely color choice!

Unknown said...

Beautiful project, could work for Spring, Mother's Day, Birthday, lots of occassions! And that IS one large die! TFS!!

Sharon said...

What a great project! It is so pretty. Thanks for the great info.

Giovana said...

Beautiful box T!! Love your coloring, as always you did a fantastic work!

ibalady said...

thanks for a beautiful box. nice to see something other than great cards.

Laraine R said...

Gorgeous gift box!! Thanks for the directions!!

Angelica Schmidt said...

Your gift box is just amazing I'm blowen away by your talent. Thanks for the inspiration and the tutorial.Angie

Dawnll said...

This is so beautiful! Always enjoy your tutorials and the beautiful designs.
thanks for inspiring

Betty Neville said...

Gorgeous gift box! Lucky recipient! Thank you for the instructions!

Pat Jandacek said...

So very beautiful. Always appreciate your tutorials, too. TFS

Rosy Newlun said...

Dear Theresa,
You've touched my <3 with lavenders and periwinkles! I love those colors. Your coloring leaves me speechless, nothing new about that. But what a breathtaking gift box. Thank you for leaving such generous steps for me to come back and try to understand. Hugs, rosy

Judy Inukai said...

Awesome project. I love the purple. I always appreciate your very detailed instructions.

LORRAINE p said...

Love this- will make great gifts for friends and family.

Margaret said...

What an awesome project! Thanks for the tutorial.

ddlady said...

Theresa, your gift box is so pretty and I love the color scheme!

Ravengirl said...

Cute! I love how you trimmed out those tulips and used them to decorate your box!

Unknown said...

What a great idea and thanks for the instructions.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous goodie holder!

Sharon Harnist said...

What a great box from that die, T -- you're amazing! And your beautiful tulips are the perfect touch!

Lynn B. said...

Thanks for the tutorial on making that box. Such a great idea! And gorgeous coloring and daubing, of course.

Golda said...

What a fun box and I love the tag you made to go along with it. Beautiful use of flowers.

wanda said...

Wow, great idea... thank you for the detailed instructions...Don't have that huge die but I can certainly improvise.. lovely idea for valentine day sweets..

A Margery Card said...

Very cute basket - I always appreciate your wonderful tutorials on how to make your cards. They are fabulous. I already have this stamp set so will be trying to make a gift basket similar to this. Very beautiful work - thanks so much for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely project. Love the purple.

Gayle said...

OMG, Theresa, beautiful and love that gift box.

Pam Zirbel said...

Theresa...is there NOTHING you CAN'T do!!! So glad that you show the way you have done your work!! Your coloring is so outstanding!!! Thank you!

gobarb26 said...

What a lovely gift for Easter or Mother's day, or any other occasion for that matter.
I wish I could color with my Copics the way you do. Thanks for showing how you do it on your blog. I really does help!

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea and your coloring is beautiful... this is definitely one to go in my Easter and Mothers Day file. Thank you so much for sharing.

Linda Drozd
drozd.linda@yahoo.com

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous--and my favorite color!

Leta said...

I just adore your creations Theresa..love the colors, size and gift tag...I also appreciate your step by step picture tutorials...thank you so much

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely gift box project! Loved seeing your coloring pics too.... very helpful!
DeniseB

Sonia said...

I love this box! What a great gift!

Nana Griffin said...

Such a beautiful project and great tutorial for it!

Wendy Thompson said...

Love the card and as usual your tutorial is very comprehensive and easy to follow. Thanks for sharing

Gladys R. said...

Beautiful creation. Love the
colors.

Kris in Alaska said...

Superb! Thanks for all the details too!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

ktfabian said...

Very pretty! What a great idea to take to someone in the hospital or someone who just needs a little pick-me-up. Thanks for sharing!

Lee said...

***THUD*** Oh my HECK!!! I have got to CASE this Theresa!! What a beautiful gift idea!!! I need that Nestie!!