Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bear In The Woods

Hello. What a beautiful spring like day we are having here in Northern California. I'm planning to get out and enjoy it. Today I have a card using images from Mountain Wilderness.

I stamped the bear on Pure Luxury White card stock and colored with Copics, starting with E29 in the shadows.

Added E37.

Then added E35.

And filled in with E55. After coloring, I cut out the image.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White to 4 1/4 by 3 1/2 for my background. I cut a 1/2 inch circle in a sticky note to use as a mask for the moon.  Then I sponged Memeneto Summer Sky ink.

Sponged Memento Lulu Lavender.

Sponged very lightly with Memento Grape Jelly.

Next, I used torn sticky notes to mask off the sky and sponged more Memento Summer Sky.

I moved the mask lower and sponged again with Memento Summer Sky.

Then I sponged very lightly with Memento Grape Jelly.

I tore another sticky note to mask for a hill and sponged Memento Paris Dusk.

Then used torn sticky notes again and sponged Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I removed the mask and stamped some trees with Memento Tuxedo Black.

Then stamped a few larger trees on the other side.

The sentiment is from Follow Your Dreams and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx. The border is Pure Luxury Baby Boy Blue and cut using Spellbinders Classic Postage Edgeabilities die template. I used my Scor-Buddy to add some score lines to the Kraft card base and added a jute twine bow. The card base is 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!


9 comments:

Betty Benton said...

What a terrific card for a guy! Loving your bear and also your mom's bookmark she posted today!!

Ann Marie Governale said...

Love your card. I also love the tutorial!!

Martina said...

Beautiful card.
And a fantastic coloured bear :-)
Regards
Martina

Beth Norman said...

Wowza. What a fabulous card. Great masculine card.

Selma said...

This is a gorgeous card Theresa.

Tami B. said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again--I love the way you make cards!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your lessons. I'm learning so much from you and your beautiful cards.
Sandi

Arnoldo L. Romero said...

I love your artwork. Blessings!

marilynwillauer said...

Impressive!!! Came to your site from 'Stop and Stamp the Roses' I'm sure glad I did.