Thursday, June 3, 2010

Misty Owl

Hiya, stampers! I've got another Hope Grows card today. This time I combined with images from the new Botanicals stamp set.

I used Memento Markers to ink up my image, Bamboo Leaves on the leaves, Rich Cocoa on the branch and Tuxedo black on the owl, from Hope Grows. Then I "huffed" on the stamp before stamping.

I used a few Copic markers to add some shading, YG93 on the leaves, E37 and E59 on the branch.

For the owl, I started with E33.

Added E53.

Filled in with N1 and used my blender pen to smooth out the highlights.

Went back with E33 to deepen the shadows. Then I cut out the image.

For the background, I sponged lightly with Memento Cantaloupe, then I stamped the silhouette from Botanicals with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed with clear.

Sponged more Cantaloupe and then placed the cardstock in my big scallop rectangle Nestabilities to cut just one side.

After cutting the edge, I stamped a branch, from Hope Grows, with Memento Cantaloupe. The sentiment is from Botanicals. I layered with Pure Luxury Tan Leather and Ivory.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful!

6 comments:

Patti J said...

I keep thinking there has to be other words, but Theresa, this is another beautiful card! Love how you combine your stamp sets! Great job!

Miesje said...

WOW - this is wonderful!!!

Becky said...

This is fabulous..I can not wait until my stamps come, I just love this new set you did. :)

wooden bed frame said...

You did a great job on the owl! So impressive!

Lynn Mercurio said...

So stunningly beautiful Theresa! As always, your tutorials are informative and oh so helpful! Have a great weekend.

inger synnøve said...

tusen takk for en flott veiledning:):) du er kjempeflink til å fargelegge og til å sette sammen kortene til ett kunstverk:)
inger synnøve