Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rudolph has the Blues

Hand stamped Christmas Card, Gina K DesignsThe Limited Supplies challenge at SCS yesterday was to make a mostly blue holiday card, so this is what I came up with. I also played along with a fun challenge Joanne posted in the Gina K forums to use buttons, bows and have some element tilted. I didn't add a bow, but there is one on the wreath around Rudolph's head.


I stamped the deer from Funky Christmas and colored it with Koh-i-noor pencils. Then I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I sponged the background and then came back and stamped trees from Tree Silhouettes with Going Grey ink. I used my Sakura white gel pen to add snow to the trees.

I added black, red and grey layers, and pierced on the grey layer. The punched leaves are from my Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo.

Gotta run. Now that we are finally getting over our colds, we are going up the hill to find a Christmas tree. I am sure they will be pretty picked over. Might be a Charlie Brown Christmas tree we come with.

Have a great day!

17 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

What a wonderful card!

mudmaven said...

This is a great card! I love it. ~chris

Donna Baker said...

what a cute card! I love it!

Cathy said...

Do you ever get tired of hearing me say "I love this card" :) I hope not. Awesome as usual. I love the subtle tree line in the background. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Such a cute "Rudolf" and a lovely card!

Lindsay Spencer said...

So so cute!!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

I love it! That image is the cutest! Really like the "Ho Ho Ho" slanted and up in the corner. I really love this card, Theresa!

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable, love your layout.

Toni K said...

Cute card! Love that deer! Those trees in the background are great. Awesome job!

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous Theresa! Love the background you created here, love LOVE the sponging! (ok, I hadnt said it for ahwile! LOL!)

Elena said...

Your Rudolph is so cute! Love the scene you created! I love the way how you put the words! Buttons, leaves - very pretty addition!
Love your card, Theresa!

Deb Wood said...

This is so cute, I love it!!

Melanie said...

your winter background is fabulous!! i love that little sprig punch you used!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa. The background is amazing. The little deer is tooooo cute.

Take care
Karen x

fishlips said...

What a totally fantastic card the back ground trees andthe buttons and sprigs are just wonderful looking....

Lee said...

Ohhhh how stinkin' cuuuuuuuuute!!! Your coloring is just phenomenal!!! I love that little HOHOHO too!!!

Shirley said...

How cute! Kind of 'all dressed up and no where to go'!