Sunday, August 10, 2008

Botanical Birthday

Handmade card using Gina K Designs stamps - Stamp set: Botanical Dreams by Asela HopkinsWow, this card is bit out of my comfort zone, colorwise. I decided to play along with the inspiration challenge at SCS yesterday and the colors were not something I would usually use.

The stamps set I used is called Botanical Dreams from Gina K Designs. It is another of the new sets I just bought.

I stamped the orchid on Whisper White card stock and colored it with Koh-i-noor pencils, blended with OMS and then cut the image out. I popped it up with dimensionals on a background sponged on glossy white card stock.

The blue section is a piece of Baja Breeze card stock, which is one of the new In Colors from Stampin' Up. The bottom is a piece of Real Red.

The sketch I used is one of the Verve challenge sketches. I love those sketches.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful as usual!! I am amazed at your skillful cutting of the image. Great details & lovely card!

Annapurna said...

Very nice! Great job with all that cutting. It really looks like you brought a pot of orchids and stuck it on there.