Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My First Stampin Up Party

Well it wasn't really my party, but it was the first one I have ever been to. My sister hosted it and I managed to go. She lives three hours away, so it is just not always possible to get away.

I had really been looking forward to going since I have become somewhat addicted to Stampin Up. I had a really great time and won the first door prize, which was a Stampin Up set called Very Punny.

We made this card to start with. The flowers are from the Be Happy set and the birthday greeting is from the Hugs and Wishes set.

Next we made these cute little bags of candy. The tag stamp is from the Happy Heart Day set. These little tags are sooo easy and quick to make with the tag punch tool. My sister ordered one for me with her hostess benefits. Yay!


Our third project was this cute Valentine card. I had never made a card in this size before. It is just a 6 inch square, folded in half. I really liked making this shape and plan to do more. The elephant stamp is from the Happy Heart Day set and the greeting is from Holidays & Wishes.

The background is plain white paper. We brushed it with a red stamp pad to add texture. This technique was another first for me and I am afraid I can't remember what she called it.

If you get the opportunity to go to a Stampin Up party, I recommend going. It is so much more fun to craft with others. This was a fun bunch of ladies. They teased the demonstrator mercilessly for how often she says "pop" and "texture."

I spent too much money, but I am looking forward to getting my order. I am getting three of the Sell-A-Bration sets, four sets from the spring catalog and some designer paper and a scallop punch. Do you think that is enough to keep me busy for a while?

No comments: