Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Luminous Lighthouse

 Hello there! I decided to get a jump start on Father's Day cards, so I pulled out my By The Sea stamp set ad made this card.

 First I stamped the lighthouse on a piece of Pure Luxury white card stock. I used Copics to color, starting with R27.

 Then added R22.

 Added W5.

 Added W3.

 Then filled in with W1.

 For the rock foundation, I used N5.

 Then filled in with N3.

 Added Y17 for the light. After coloring, I cut out the image.

For the background, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White to 2 1/4 by 4 inches, then sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink in the center.


 Then I sponged Memento Tangelo from the top and bottom, sponging much heavier at the bottom. 

 I masked off a horizon line with a sticky note and sponged Memento Potter's Clay. 


Then I tore an edge along the sticky note and sponged Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I adhered the lighthouse to perch it on the black cliff I had sponged, then stamped the small seagulls. I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and used Lipstick Red for the card base (4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches). I stamped the sentiment on Vellum and tore the bottom edge. It was adhered with Pop Dots, which I hid by covering them with the buttons.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you are having a great week so far!

19 comments:

Patti J said...

Wow, Theresa - this is amazing. I hope that you never stop showing the steps to create your masterpieces. I love seeing the project come to life, step by step. You are so talented! Thanks for sharing...

Designing with Debbie said...

Absolutely Stunning card. I love the sunset scene so much

Tami B. said...

This one practically pulled my eyes out of their sockets as soon as I saw it on the dashboard. Absolutely gorgeous!

Becky said...

This is so rich and beautiful Theresa, love it! :)

Leta said...

I love the richness of the colors and how you do the step by step instructions

Dawnll said...

I also love your step by step and appreciate the time you take to share with us.
Your coloring and back grounds are always stunning

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Wow- stunning, once again!

Colorado Crafter said...

What a beautiful card!! And, as always, thank you so much for showing the steps you took to make it!

Casmiles said...

Beautiful, Theresa - looks so natural...

Ruby said...

This is just gorgeous! I love your step by step. I always think that backgrounds with copic images have to be done using the airbrush but this is beautiful. I'm going to have to play with my inks now too!

Pitchoune said...

so beautiful! A+

Natt Smith said...

Thanks for visiting my bolt ^_^ yes giveaway is still running till Saturday March 2

xoxo

Betty Neville said...

WOW Theresa! What a stunning card! It really is luminous! Beautifully done!

Rosy Newlun said...

Always Awesome!!!

Rosy Newlun said...

OOops, where did my comment go? Oh, well, I said "Always Awesome!" and I'll say it again, "Always Awesome :) !"

kepsss said...

It's just beautiful and I may have to CASE it for my father in law for Father's Day .... thank you ....

kepsss said...

It's just beautiful and I may have to CASE it for my father in law for Father's Day .... thank you ....

Debbie B said...

Watched a couple of your "beautiful sky" videos yesterday & tried them myself for FD cards. Its not as easy as it looks. You have mastered the right touch when applying these inks! You are so talented! Thank you for your inspiration! I will be practicing!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Fabulous!