Monday, August 2, 2010

GKD Blast From the Past Day 2

Hi there! Blast From the Past Week continues with old favorites illustrated by Rupa Shevde and me. I used my all time favorite that I've illustrated, Life is Good (although I confess, Aloha could replace it as my favorite). This set, more than any of my others is one that I could make a card with everyday, and never lack for inspiration. Some sets just connect like that. Try not to notice that my trees are crooked on this card, ok? (Step by step photos below)

Next is a card using one of my favorite sets from Rupa, Home Tweet Home. Rupa has such a unique and elegant style. I love everything she draws, especially the all the images in this set. (I'll share the step by step photos for this card next week)

For even more samples of some of our favorite 'Blast from the Past' GinaK Designs stamp sets, check out these participating designer's blogs:
The entire GinaK Designs team would like to invite you to the virtual Release party we'll be having this Thursday, August 5th on StampTV.  It will be a bit different than our usual release party, but we'll still have challenges, contest questions, and designer samples that you won't want to miss out on!  More information on that event will be shared by GinaK soon, so stay tuned to her blog for all the details this week.

I sponged my background, starting with Memento Cantaloupe ink along the top and working down.

Sponged Memento Desert Sand starting from the bottom, and working up to the yellow.

Sponged Memento Tangelo just along the very top to deepen the color.

Sponged Rhubarb Stalk over most of the Desert Sand to add a bit of pink to my browns.

Then sponged Memento Rich Cocoa at the bottom, and heavier to the right.

Stamped the tree lined banks, from Life is Good, using Memento Rich Cocoa. I inked up  the top of the image only, leaving the reflections un-inked.

Filled in the hills with my E37 Copic marker.

Used E49 and E59 for some shading.

Sponged more Memento Rich Cocoa.

Stamped the deer and trees with Memento Tuxedo Black and added a bit of black sponging.

Stamped the cattails with Rich Cocoa.


I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and added some black brads along the bottom. The cardbase is Pure Luxury Pumpkin Spice.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you tomorrow with more blast from the past faves. Have a great day!

15 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous! I am glad you are on Gina K's DT, too! I love seeing your creations.

Betty Neville said...

Absolutely gorgeous scene - you never cease to amaze! Love your cute birdie card too!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is Outstanding!!!

Carolina said...

Eeeck!!! What a breathtaking scene! Gorgeous card Theresa and thanks again for another amazing tutorial! Hugs & Smiles!!!

Evgenia said...

WOW!! Amazing work!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous cards & thanks for the tutorial!

Anke said...

WOW WOW WW Theresa your cards are fantastic, I love your works.

Anke

Patti P. said...

Both cards are gorgeous as always. I love this set and Autumn Beauty is another favorite of mine...I always enjoy your creations and appreciate the time you take to show how the cards are put together.

Miesje said...

These are wonderful! I absolutely love both of them and thanks again for you coloring tutorial - I continue to learn so much from you!

Melanie said...

i didn't know it was your fave, love this trivia!! (Hey, you can change to Aloha, i won't tell your other set!) That card and buck are majestic!*with a hint of mystery...)

tweet sample with Rupa's!!

Cat Tidwell said...

omg, love it T! so very classic YOU! I had a hard time deciding my favorite of your stamps, cause they all rock!

Lee said...

OH you know your scenes just take my breath away!!! So absolutely gorgeous and realistic!!!! Keep those beautiful sets coming!!!

Edith said...

Wow, this looks great! Love everything about it!
Thanks for your detailed instructions!
Hugs
Edith

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...these are spectacular. They look like pictures, not stamped images. You are a masterful crafter, Teresa.

Donna Baker said...

wow - so gorgeous! I giggled at the crooked tree comment - I see leaning trees ALL the time, don't you? beautiful bird card, friend!