Sunday, January 31, 2010

Loads of Thanks

Hello stampers! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I played along with the featured stamper challenge at SCS this week. I chose this card by Nicole Taylor, as inspiration for my card. I was inspired by the flowers in the wheelbarrow (somthing I've been intending to do with these Autumn Beauty images for some time). Participants were to change at least two things. I changed...

Different colors
Changed Layout
Added Ribbon


To color the wheelbarrow, I started with E49 in the deepest shadows.

Added E57.

Added E35.

Filled in the lightest areas with E51 and E53. Then I cut out the wheelbarrow.

Since I knew I was going to be cutting out the flowers, I did some speed coloring. I stamped the tiny sunflower, from Autumn Beauty, four times then colored outside the center with a quick circular swipe.

Did the same with Y17.

Then I colored over the first two colors, extending out to cover the entire flower, not worrying about staying in the lines.

Added E39 for deeper shadows on the flower centers.

Filled in with E35. Then I cut out each of the flowers, following along the outside petals on 3, but cutting to the inside petals on one flower.

I used my craft knife to cut an opening to tuck my sunflowers into.

Adhered the three full size sunflowers, letting them tuck into the wheelbarrow just a tad.

Then I added the one I had cut to the inside petals, letting it extend over the edge of the wheelbarrow.

Next, I cut out an oval, using my Oval Nestabilities, leaving it in the die. Then I used my Copic Airbrush, with YR12, to color the background, starting with YR12. I started with it aimed off the paper and then directed it to the paper, in a gentle, sweeping motion (well in my mind it was a gentle sweeping motion. In reality, it was probably short and choppy. )

Next I airbrushed some E35 keeping closer to the edges.

On a larger piece of Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, I airbrushed the same colors. I was pretty happy with how the oval came out, but the rectangle was less than spectacular.

My solution to the uneven airbrushing was to emboss it with my tiny bubbles Cuttlebug Folder. I used the same technique for the sentiment oval, as I had for the larger over, then layered both ovals with Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss. I layered the rectangle piece with Chocolate Kiss and Ivory, then then tied a bow before adding the oval layers. The card base is Pure Luxury Sweet Corn.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a happy Monday!

16 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, this is gorgeous, Theresa! Love that beautiful stamp ... and you've colored it so beautifully! Stunning!

Miesje said...

Wow, I love it and the coloring tutorial! I did not think of putting daisies in the wheelbarrow. Cute card!

Beth S said...

Beauitful Theresa. Love the colours. It just seems to glow.

Payne Holler Cards said...

so beautiful - love that cb folder too! how are you enjoying your airbrush?

Carol said...

Wow, another beauty! You are just amazing. I always chuckle when you point out you booboos! I sure never see any!

Becky said...

I love this!! It is so awesome. And I am glad I have this set :).

jjcreations said...

Oh my, oh my - stunning card. I absolutely love wheelbarrows!!!! I love that bubbly background too.

dee marie said...

What a beauty Theresa! The sunflowers look gorgeous in the wheelbarrow! The Copic airbrush looks so fun!

Betty Benton said...

What can I say, other than GORGEOUS!!

Kathy H said...

lovely!!!

TexasGrammy said...

Oh
My
Goodness.

Theresa, this is such a beautiful masterpiece of color & style!

~Bev

Rose said...

Such a wonderful set! I love this card, too - so cheery. I need to get busy!

Charlene said...

You sure do make me want to get going on my cards again. In a slump and taking care of a sick husband so my time is limited. Love this card Theresa. Your color choice's are always right on.

Robin McK said...

This is truly gorgeous!!!

Lori said...

Fantastic! All that detail work, it's lovely, Theresa!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Great colour choices.....soft and muted so perfect for this image.