Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Hearts and a Treasure Box

Hello! My project today is a little box that holds Hershey's Treasures and a matching card. I used Tami Mayberry's Happy Hearts stamp set.

Here is what the box looks like when opened. I made the box so that it has little flaps that tuck into the sides to hold it closed. More details below, but for now...

Check out these links for even more inspiration:


Now, it's your turn! Please hop over to Gina's blog to add the direct link to your blog post showcasing Tami's Happy Hearts stamp set in the Mister Linkey Box. Gina will have a special prize for the one link that she chooses out of all the participating bloggers - check out her blog for the details.


Here are the Copic markers I used to color the hearts. After coloring, I cut them out. I layered the card with Pure Luxury White, Black Onyx and Passionate Pink.

Here is a cutting guide for the box. Just click on the photo to see it larger.

First, I cut the cardstock to 11 by 5.25 inches, then scored all the lines.

Then I trimmed, following the cutting lines on the guide above, and creased the folds.

To assemble the box, fold in the two flaps over the bottom section and fold the side pieces over.

After you fold both side pieces over, it will look like this. You can use a little adhesive to hold the side pieces down, if necessary.

To get the little tabs on the top to tuck into the sides, you need to trim them just a little, as shown here.

Then use your corner rounder to round the outside corner.

Here you can see how it tucks right into the side.

Four Hershey's Treasures fit perfectly in the box. The finished size of the box is about 1 1/2 by 4 inches. I tied a ribbon around the lid and added two hearts from Happy Hearts (see top photo) then added a sentiment, layered with a Spellbinders Fancy Tags die cut shape. (that gorgeous wide ribbon is from the new StampTV kit!)

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!

22 comments:

Lee said...

GORRRRRRRRRRRRjuss!!!!! Oh I love that little box....I've not seen that before!!! I like that better than Nugget boxes so I will definitely CASE!!!!! And I adore the pink and black!!

Betty Neville said...

Wonderful project and card! The pink and black are SO striking!

Lynn Mercurio said...

BRAVO....what a wonderful set. Awesomely heartwarming colors.... genius!

joy said...

Fabulous colors!!! Love your box!

Natalie said...

Love, LOVE those deep colors, again it just amazes me all the talent on these hops!! Thanks for sharing!! You go the extra mile with the tutorials, THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Wow!! These are beautiful, love the idea of a coordinating card and treat box. These colors really pop. Thank you for posting the directions for that box and your coloring, much appreciated.

Karen W said...

Great gift idea, thanks so much for the template and inspiration, your card is stunning!

Whimcees said...

Beautiful! Love the color combination! Thank you for the great tutorial!

Wishing you a good weekend!

Barbara Diane

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is fabulous, Theresa!

Love the color combination, that beauteous die, and those adorable hearts ... and thanks so much for the box template!

Have a great weekend!

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my, Theresa...what gorgeous, dramatic colors and I LOVE your little treat box!!!!! Thanks for all the details!!!

Lea L. said...

Great tutorial! I love the fabulous colors you chose for your projects...they are awesome!

♥Lea

Lori said...

Fantastic gift set, Theresa! Great color combo, and the hearts are colored so lovely.

JaniceAileen said...

Umm...wow! Those are beautiful! Who wouldn't want to receive a card and matching box of chocolates?!

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful card and candy box, theresa! thanks so much for the tutorial!

Julia Aston said...

What great colors - love those hearts and your fun box Theresa!

Lynn said...

I love your wonderful card and candy box..Infact I got my Scor- Pal sent to me on Friday and after seeing this, I am inspired to make a box myself. Thanks so much :)

Linda said...

I love the colors and thanks for the tutorial for the candy box. I can't wait to try it.

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for the box tutorial!! Fantastic

NinaB said...

I love your card and box, Theresa. Now, if I can just find something like the nuggets here :-).

Michelle said...

So stunning! I love the gorgeous colors.

Unknown said...

oh, how cool is this!? I LOVE your box and tutorial! Thanks for the template, my friend!

Chanda said...

This is gorgeous! Adding Crafting The Web to my faves! TYFS!

chanda stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.blogspot.com