Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cattitude

Hey there! Here is a kitty card with a bit of attitude. I love the Siamese kitty that Melanie colored on this post and had to do one myself. The kitty is from Purrr-fectly Delightful and the vintage scroll in the background is from Vintage Borders.

My guest designer, Tina Gilliland is posting a Purrr-fectly Delightful card today, so head on over for some inspiration. Tomorrow is a blog hop featuring my set and you get a ton of inspiration from the Gina K Design Team and friends.

I used Copic markers to color, starting with N7 on the paws, nose, cheeks and ears.

Blended out from there with N5.

Blended our from there with N3.

I used W1 to fill in, including going over the parts I had already colored to warm them up a bit.

Used BG02 for the eyes (which I later covered with Crystal Laquer). I also went back over some of the dark areas to deepen the shading a bit.

For the cut, I started with E39.

Added E35.

Added YR14.

Added YR12.

Filled in with Y23 and used my blender pen to push some highlights back in.

Next, I stamped the image on some scratch paper and cut it out to use as a mask. I put re-positionable tap on the back to keep it in place. After putting the mask over the original image, I placed post-it notes over the bottom to mask it off. Then I sponged with Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Desert Sand.

Stamped the scroll design, from Vintage Borders, using Memento Potter's Clay ink.

Moved the post-it notes to cover the top, leaving the bottom exposed (with the kitty mask still in place), then sponged with Memento Potter's Clay.

Sponged Memento Rich Cocoa at the mask line.

Removed the masks and added a little shadow below the saucer with E57.

I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss, Ocean Mist and used Pumpkin Spice for the card base. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and I added brads to each corner.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!

16 comments:

Helena said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa
The colours are just fabulous!

Vicki Thompson said...

You have such great techniques and results with the copics. Love to see the details.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, just adore the cat!!! Your colouring is so wonderful. Anesha

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa
Love this image, adorable sentiment too.

Karen x

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Theresa, love how you did the back ground.

jjcreations said...

What an adorable little kitten. I love the colouring and especially like how the two little daisies stand out so brightly on the cup. Great card.

Graphicat said...

Oh my goodness! This is GORGEOUS! Must have this stamp set!
your blog is becoming one of my favorite places on the web, you're very inspiring!!
Thanks for this card and image!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

just love this! this set is on my wish list!!!

Sharri said...

Theresa, this is stunning! I love the Siamese Kitten...I will have to try coloring one.

Casmiles said...

Theresa - this is absolutely precious. And I love the sentiment too...

Natalie said...

I really like that vintage scroll in the background, what a great touch. Thanks again for the inspiration and the tutorial, your coloring is absolutely fantastic!!

Janice M said...

OMGosh that is soooooooo pretty!! This is the best kitty stamp ever!! :)

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh Theresa again just stunning......thank you for sharing your tutorials. It is so inspirational......

Cathy said...

I LOVE your card but.... I love the sentiment even more. Made me LOL.

Deebi27 said...

I had to chuckle a bit when I saw /read the card! That kitten/cup stamp is my favorite of the set. Oh no...I might have to get it just for that 1 stamp alone! The kitten's expression makes me miss all the cats I had growing up! GREAT job Theresa!

Nishant said...

great techniques and results with the copics

Work from home India