Here is how I
I stamped the vase of daisies from Purrr-fectly Delightful, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then started with Copic R89 just around the center of the flower.
Added YR12. Oops, looks like I missed a photo. After adding YR12, I used YR000 to blend into the highlights. Then I did the same coloring to the other two flowers.
For the centers, I started with E39.
Filled in with E35.
Then pushed some highlights back in with YR000.
Used G24 and YG95 on the stems.
Used B00, C1 and C3 for the vase and water.
And now for the er, um, ...fun part...
First, I cut out the image using Labels 4 Nestabilities (thanks, Bren!). I placed a mask over the flowers, then airbrushed E53 around the edges of the image. I was having trouble with the angle of the spray and kept getting it darker than I intended on the upper right
Next I decided to try Y21 hoping to even things out.
Then I tried E35, hoping to even things out.
Finally, I tried some E33, hoping to even things out.
I was pretty sure I'd pushed it as far as I dare at that point. After my mental debate over whether to share this on the blog, I assembled with SU Creamy Caramel (embossed with CB Swiss Dots folder), Pure Luxury Black Onyx, Ivory and a Sweet Corn card base. I used a Martha Stewart border punch to do the lacy edge.
I'll try again in a few days. Brace yourselves.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope your day goes smoothly!