Hello and happy weekend! How about that release party Thursday night! What a lot of fun. All the new releases are now available from Gina K Designs, including my new set Happy Camper. There are also some new freebies up at StampTV, including new digital papers from Gina and Rupa and some great templates. Did you see that fantastic s'more gift box that Gina made? The template for the box top is up on the freebie page.
In addition to all the wonderful challenges to play in every week at STV, there are three release party challenges at Split Coast Stampers and two contests to play in. A random winner from each one will win the stamp set of their choice! The good news is, you can combine challenges, so if you make a card that works for two challenges, then go ahead and enter it in both.
Gina has another amazing giveaway going on this weekend. She is giving away a Janome mini sewing machine!!! All you have to do is leave a comment. Go to this thread at STV to enter.
I've got a few photos from making my card. All the images are from Happy Camper.
Here are the colors I used on the lantern. I used Copics, YG93, YG95, C3, Y23 and Y17.
On the brown parts of the tent I used E37, E35, E33 and E31. I also used these colors on the sign and marshmellow stick. I used E53 on the marshmellows.
For the blue parts of the tent, I used B21, N3, N5 and N7.
All the images were cut out, but other than that, this is a one layer card. I used a pencil and drew a line all the around my card base, added post-it notes to mask and then sponged Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip lightly.
After sponging, I used a straight edge and drew another line using my Copic multiliner.
I popped up the marshmellow stick using Pop Dots. It was very narrow, so instead of using the dots, I cut some narrow bits to stick on the back. I can't stand to waste all extra parts from my Pop Dots, so I usually just cut it into strips when the dots are gone and use that for my layering. I bet I'm not the only one!
When I'm poppin up narrow pieces like this, I frequently use a marker to color the Pop Dots on the side, so they won't be so noticable.
I adhered all the pieces down on my cardbase. I stamped the sign image extra times to make enough grass pieces to span the entire card. Then I added some dots and brad heads to the cardbase. On the inside, I stamped "and many s'more!"
Thanks for visiting. I hope your weekend is fabulous!!!