Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Glossy Spritzed Background Trees

 Hey there! Yesterday I was playing around with glossy card stock and Gina K inks. Here are a few cards I made, also using The Northwoods stamp set.

Here is the second card. For more inspiration using The Northwoods, check out the awesome video Gina posted on StampTV today! You can find it here.  She shows you how to make a wonderful woodgrain texture.

 To make my spritzed background, I sponged Gina K Powder Blue ink, in a random pattern on glossy card stock.

Then filled in the rest of the card stock by sponging Gina K Fresh Asparagus. Apparently the Fresh Asparagus ink pad is camera shy, so the Powder Blue ink pad volunteered for another photo.

Then I used a small spray mister to spritz water on the glossy card stock. As it dries, you get some nice splatter marks.

 For the second card, I stamped the tree with Memento Rich Cocoa. For the first card I stamped the trees using Memento Tuxedo Black.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Beautiful cards, thanks for sharing the technique!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Fabulous!

Debi said...

love that 1st card especially :) Debi x

Rosy Newlun said...

Aloha Theresa, what elegant and charming scenes of the forest. I expect the green ink pad will come around in time, just wait and see ♥ Thanks for the reminder that I have brand new glossy cs I have not opened yet -- just love how these turned out!!!

Dianne said...

Great technique, lovely cards, thanks so much for sharing this and have a great day Theresa...