Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Country Get Well Card Tutorial

Hello! Today I decided to play along with the Sketch Challenge over at SCS. I still had Country Roads sitting on my desk from last week, so I used it again for this card.

To start I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White card stock to 2 ¼ by 5 ¼ inches and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink, using a Jumbo Sponge Dauber.

Sponged Memento Tangelo.

Sponged Memento Potter's Clay.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Summer Sky.

Sponged Memento Danube Blue.

Sponged Memento London Fog.

Using a torn sticky note as a mask, I sponged the bottom with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Removed the mask and stamped the wind mill with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Next, I stamped the truck on another piece of white, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Began coloring with my B93 Copic marker.

Then added B95.

 On the tires I used N5.

Then used C3 for the rims and fender. After coloring, I cut out the image.

The sentiment is from Vogue Vases 2. I layered with Pure Luxury Blue Denim and used a 4 ¼ by 5 ½ inch Kraft card base.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a fabulous day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you created a scene on the side panel. This is such a lovely card - great job!

Nancy
smithr66 on SCS

Judy Inukai said...

Great card for the guys. Love the coloring on the truck. Thanks for the great details.

Jamie Martin said...

This is a great man card, love the sponging!

Sharon Roselli said...

wow great card! Love that it could be a man card. beautiful coloring and great how to. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Unknown said...

Wow, love this card

Dianne said...

Fantastic I love how you created the background stunning card thanks for always sharing...

Rosy Newlun said...

Your choice of shades and blending of the sky is remarkable! Great he-man card, Theresa!

Ava Gavloski said...

love your method of background blending/.
ava g