Friday, December 9, 2011

Sweet Dogwood

Hi there! Here is a card I made yesterday with my new  set, Dogwood and Butterfly. 

I stamped the oval image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used Copic markers to color the flowers, starting with BV13. 

Added BV11. 

Used my blender pen to smooth out the highlights and added a little more shading with BV13.

Filled  in  the leaves  with YG03. 

Used YG93 and YG95 to shade the leaves. After coloring, I cut out the flowers from the oval. 

I stamped the oval image again and this time cut it out using Oval Nestabilities. 

Sponged around the edges with Memento Cantaloupe ink. 

Then sponged with Memento Tangelo. 

I shaded the oval band with W3 and N5 and added a drop shadow to the flowers with W3. 

Stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 





I stamped the butterfly on a piece of Pure Luxury white and used Copics  to color, starting with YR07.

Added YG04. 

Added Y17. 

Filled  in with YR000 and used N3 on the body. After coloring, I cut out the butterfly. 

I used scallop oval Nestabilities to cut a  piece of Pure Luxury Vibrant Purple card stock.  I traced it on a piece of Pure Luxury Lovely Lavender so I would know where I wanted to make my score lines. Then I used my Scor-Buddy to add some scoring details to two corners.

I stamped the silhouette branch on the opposite corners from the score lines, using  Memento Lulu Lavender ink. The reason there is a bit stamped in the center is because I wanted to test out the ink before stamping in the corners and I had already glued the layer to the back. Usually I test ink out on the back of the but, since I couldn't this time, I stamped the test image in  a spot I knew would be covered by the oval later. 


I adhered the cut out images to the oval layer with Pop Dots and used a Sweet Mango card base. I also added self adhesive pearls to the centers of the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!




7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

another piece of art, I ordered this set the other day a nd can't wait to get it, the whole set is gorgeous!

alex said...

So beautiful Theresa :-)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well you certainly ROCKED IT OUT with your new fabulous set!! I love it BTW!!

SandyK said...

Gorgeous!

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful stamps and a wonderful card, Theresa! Enjoyed the entire process!

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

So beautiful done! Amazing!! you are a creative Artist!!! Thank you for all your Inspirations! Many Hugs from Marina

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

love that stamp set, gorgeous card too!