Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lavender Wishes

Hello! Today I managed to sneak away long enough to play along with the featured stamper challenge on SCS. The featured stamper this week is Pat Smethers and what a fabulous gallery she has! I chose this beautiful card for my inspiration. Participants were to change at least two things. I changed...

Different stamps
Different CB folder and made mine a half panel instead of full.
Added sentiment

To start, I cut an oval with Nestabilities and sponged a bit of Memento New Sprout ink while still in the die.

Then I sponged some Memento Lulu Lavender.

Stamped the lavender from Sending Sunshine and colored with Copics, starting with V06.

Then filled in with V000.

Used YG03 for the foliage.

Next, I used my Versa Mark pen for cover the image and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.

I stamped some more lavender in the background using the silhouette lavender and inked it with Memento Markers, Lulu Lavender and New Sprout. I stamped that image three or four times, inking up each time.

For the top layer in the background, I sponged some Lulu Lavender lightly along the edges and embossed with my Perfectly Paisley Cuttlebug folder. For the bottom section, I repeatedy stamped the small branch image from Picture It!, using Memento Lulu Lavender ink. I layered with Pure Luxury Vibrant Violet and used a Lovely Lavender for the cardbase.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a stamptastic day!

5 comments:

jean wilson@jlt03@comcast.net said...

Love the lavender and sprout combination!

Gloria Dojlido said...

THis is just GORGEOUS!

jjcreations said...

Beautiful and soft. Love that embossed background.

JaniceAileen said...

Theresa this is just lovely! Love the purple and green!

Becky said...

Have I told you I just love coming over here for your tutorials :) :), Your cards are always gorgeous and I learn so much when I come by.