Thursday, August 6, 2009

Birthday Mosaic

I had so much fun making cards with Melanie's new Inspiration Mosaic stamp set. This one was so quick and easy to make.

I just stamped the large mosaic image on SEI glitter pattern paper.

I masked off a few sections and added a bit of sponging with Apricot Appeal ink. Then stamped a few images from Tropical Flowers.

I stamped the sentiments from Inspiration Mosaic on two panels that I cut to fit the stamp and stamped a few more images from Tropical Flowers.

I added the panels and did a little piercing around some of the corners. I added some brads and punched corner pieces using my ED Success Curved Corner punch. The punch only cuts one size of that shape, so to get a layered look with it, I trim about 1/8 inch from each straight side of the top piece. I just use my scissors to do it, lining it up in my scissors so that I can make the entire cut in one motion. Doing it in one motion guarantees you'll get a straight cut.

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Patti J. said...

Theresa, this is so cute, and quick! Beautiful job once more, and thanks for the tip on the corner punch! I have one of those and never thought to double corner anything! As always, you rock!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, and a great idea to stamp on dp.

Seongsook Duncan said...

It is beautiful. Knowing that how easy it is to make with one stamp on the patterned paper inspires me to share this tutorial with my Card Making friends at work. Thanks, Theresa!
Seongsook

Jackie said...

You're killing me! I am trying to be good and stick to a budget and you keep showing me cool stuff. *sigh*I love this card and I *need* that stamp!

Elena said...

This card is gorgeous, Theresa! You are so artistic!

Jan Castle said...

Beautifully done!!!!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa.
I just love this mosaic.

Karen x

Melanie said...

this is so gorgeous! Sorry i'm so behind on commenting, my brother has been here since the 4th!!