Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Embossed Foil and Bandanna

Hello, Happy Stampers! My card today is for four challenges -the new color challenge at stampTV to use red, black and white, posted by Cammie, the technique challenge at SCS, hosted by Lynn Mercurio to use the bandanna technique, the SCS sketch challenge and Gina's new stampTV technique challenge, embossed foil. Embossed foil is the technique Gina shows in the latest stampTV video for this week. You can see it here.

Here are a few details...

For the bandanna background, I stamped stars (from Have a Cookie) and swirls (from Whimsical Autumn), using Real Red ink on Real Red cardstock. Then I used a Sakura White gel pen and made dots around the stamped images.

For the embossed foil background I cut a piece of Reynolds heavy duty foil and then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Perfectly Paisley CB folder. Then I rubbed copper Metallic Rub-on Paste over the foil. You can see exactly how to do this in Gina's video.

To color the horse (from Out West), I used my Copics, starting with E35.

Next I added E53 in small circles working out from the E35.

Added E51, again in small circles to fill in the rest of the space.

Finally, I added some E57 to his mane, nose and the bridle.


And here is a close up of the finished card. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is filled with fun and smiles!

15 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh this is awesome Theresa! Love your coloring on that horse, its just perfect..and love how you used that paisley cb bg too ;), too cool!

AKiteFlier said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW - I love how you combined FOUR challenges into this awesome card. I can't even play right now since I"m making movies for work - would much rather be making cards but I can at least see what y'all are up to! Hugs n smiles.

Tina said...

Again...another perfect horse from you!!!! I love how this looks.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my, this is just fantastic. What a great card...the foil embossed technique is just stunning, and your bandanna technique is a perfect compliment! WOW

Toni K said...

Gorgeous! Love everything!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWza, talk about a challenge entry!

LOVE this ... and Gina's foil technique is so simple and creates such a beautiful background ... it looks wonderful here!

Shirley said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!..and love the techniques you used in your backgrounds too.

Heather "Hev" said...

Remarkable as always Theresa :)

Thank you for sharing your talent with us :)

Becky G said...

Amazing and beautiful! Thanks for sharing the technique!

Hugs~becky

Sue said...

A stunning card as always hun, just beautiful, have left you something on my blog, sue.x

Lori said...

Wonderful card. I love the combination of all the challenges.

6 wacky women said...

Wow, Theresa...such a fabulous card!! The foil background is awesome.

Karen x

Elena said...

Wonderful card, Theresa! I love how you combined these challenges!

Jennie said...

Gorgeous card...love the black, red and white. The white dots really back the stars pop! Great job on this...as always!

Anonymous said...

This was an awesome card. I enjoy using foil in my cuttlebug. Thanks so much.